New Transponders for Italian DVB-T2

AndreaB

Hi.

In order to speed up the scanning of DVB-T2 channels, especially when you will implement the extraction of the channel number from the LCN in DVBViewer ?, now that the switch-off in Italy is well advanced I have prepared the attached transponder file.

It decreases the channels to be scanned from 62 to 28 (less than half) according to the new distribution of the Muxes: abandonment of the VHF channels and reduction of the UHF band, as shown in the following figure, taken from this page:
https://www.01smartlife.it/antenne-uhf-e-il-nuovo-digitale-terrestre-cosa-fare/
DTT_nuova-banda-UHF.thumb.png.78a3572bbe8ebb908e3c9ae60e6298b4.png

I have tried it and have not lost a channel of those identified with the default file.
It would be useful to have some confirmation from some Italian user residing in other geographical areas other than mine (Bergamo valleys), but I think it is valid everywhere.

Ciao,

Andrea

DVB-T2_Italy.ini

Hi.

Please keep this table in standby: it is correct but reading about the situation of the transition to DVB-T2 in other regions of Italy, where they still have to make the switch, this table will be usable in a few months.

Ciao,

Andrea

Thanks for your contribution. :)I've already added your DVB-T2_Italy.ini to the DVBViewer setup files, because it will probably take some months until the next DVBViewer version gets released.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

because it will probably take some months until the next DVBViewer version gets released.

Nooo, do I have to wait months for "Channels to be sorted by number"? ?

?

Ciao,

Andrea

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AndreaB:

Nooo, do I have to wait months for "Channels to be sorted by number"? 

Not necessarily. You can have a test version after it has been implemented. I will post in this topic when it is ready... however, I don't know when I will find time for it. Currently I'm busy with other things.

Hi.
The test consists not in looking for DVB-T2 channels (a concept that should be clarified but not now) but to see if, at the end of the switch-off, there are, with this transponder file, the same channels as those counted with the file DVB-T_Europe.ini.

I think it's best to wait for them to finish the switch-off to do a thorough test.

Thanks for the test,

Andrea

• Like 1