Images breaking up and high GPU use

Nealeb

I recently installed a Hauppauge QuadTV PCIe tuner, to replace a very old and now unsupported Black Gold tuner in which one tuner channel had failed. However, I am getting poor quality video (both live and recorded) with a lot of pixellation on moving images. This happens on HD channels and, although not as bad, on SD channels. My local HD transmitter is about 3km away and I am using an external antenna, and I do not believe that it is a signal strength problem. My local HD stations are using H.264.

I am using the latest version of DVBViewer and Media Server, downloaded today.

I am using the latest LAV decoder (installed during installation of DVBViewer) with DXVA2 (native) selected.

I am using the latest Hauppauge driver (1.59.37308), downloaded today.

I am using an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti graphics card with the latest driver (516.59).

I am surprised to see a very high GPU use (often 75%) when DVBViewer is running.

One curious feature is that if I reboot my system, it seems to work reliably. However, if I "sleep" and then wake up again, I see the pixellation/picture break-up problem. This makes reliable scheduled recording difficult!

I am not sure if this is a hardware problem on the tuner card, a PCI bus bandwidth issue, a filter/decoder problem, a GPU problem, or something else! I would be very grateful if someone could suggest things to investigate more deeply. I have attached a support.zip file.

Many thanks,

support.zip