Latest DVBViewer refuses to scan DVB device and other bugs

Tripitaka

Hello,

I have just installed the latest version. During installation I receive a pop up message warning me that extra files could not be downloaded, I have no idea why or what this means.

Secondly, DVBViewer refuses to scan for hardware. It cannot find my DVB device.

Lastly, trans edit is a mess, see attached photo.

Before installation I turned my firewall off so there were no conflicts/blocking

Support zip attached.

Regards,

Tripitaka

transedit.PNG

support.zip

1 hour ago, Tripitaka said:

During installation I receive a pop up message warning me that extra files could not be downloaded,

These are additional (optional) files. Most of them are also available in the DVBViewer download area (like TransEdit). They are only necessary for special purpose. Basically DVBViewer should run without them. You can also try the DVBViewer Downloader (see Windows start menu -> DVBViewer -> DVBViewer Pro Downloader). Does it display an error message if you try to download something with it?

Secondly, DVBViewer refuses to scan for hardware. It cannot find my DVB device.

I can't see a DVB device in your SystemInfo.txt either. Which is it? Does it appear in the Windows device manager? Usually devices with BDA driver (required for DVBViewer, except old TechniSat devices) should be present in the "sound, video and game controllers" section.

Lastly, trans edit is a mess, see attached photo.

Confirmed. It happens if TransEdit can't load any transponder lists on start (will be fixed). Please make sure that TransEdit.exe is stored in the DVBViewer program directory (where DVBViewer.exe is, see TransEdit ReadMe). Otherwise it can't find the transponder lists that are installed with DVBViewer.

Hello,

Yes I get a 12029 error message, however everything seems to work fine anyway.

I feel such a fool, I was rushing to get DVBViewer working to watch the F1 yesterday and I hadn't installed the card drivers. Needless to say DVBViewer found my TV card once I had installed the drivers, doh!

Thanks for your response Griga, next time I will install under less stressed conditions.

40 minutes ago, Tripitaka said:

Yes I get a 12029 error message,

This error simply means "A connection with the server could not be established". It is triggered by the underlying Windows WinInet API, that also serves as base for the Internet Explorer. It may be caused by a Internet Explorer or firewall misconfiguration, as reported by a German user here. He managed to fix it by adjusting his firewall settings. Unfortunately he didn't report in detail what he did.

You should at least download and install the LAV filters, that provide important components (decoders and such) for playback in DVBViewer. If not yet done, use this link, download the installer, launch it and don't change the presets.