DVBViewer for DVB-C with terratec CinergyTC2 USB Stick

RaTom

During scan DVBViewer found the complete list of stations.

When I start DVBViewer or when it is runnung and I switch to another station, the station is correctly recognized but very often the stream is not displayed (dark screen) . After switching multiple times between different stations it works sometimes (stream is displayed correctly).

Any thoughts or similiar experiences?

Your decoder configuration is not really suitable. Please go to Settings -> Options -> Playback Components -> Renderer/Decoder -> Video (and also -> Audio) and select the LAV Video/Audio Decoder wherever possible.

If this does not solve the problem, you can also try "EVR Enhanced Video Renderer" instead of "EVR Custom Video Renderer".

For hardware-(GPU)-accelerated video decoding make sure that Settings -> Filters -> LAV Video Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration -> Hardware decoder to use  -> DXVA2 (native) is selected and H.264 checked. For a change to take effect click OK and Playback -> Rebuild Playback in DVBViewer.

Edited by Griga
Post wrongly referred to to DVB-T2 instead of DVB-C

The setup.xml from your support.zip still indicates that the Microsoft Audio Decoder is selected for MP2 and AAC Audio on the Audio A tab, not LAV.

Anyway, another thing to check is the DVBViewer Filter Property Page. Does it display errors or an increasing number of discontinuities when the issue occurs?

The setup.xml also tells me that you are trying to receive German channels, so I wonder why you don't post in the German section of this forum.

Thank you for checking.  Here is the property page in case of error. Obviously no data is detected for Video and Audio

image.png.5ab78a17a967cb7c09122028a0531597.png image.png.2193dd0e3004296bb630b5e1f9b83343.png

However after changing stations a few times it suddenly captures the station:

image.png.7ad1cda323a836b29039b7200bc20428.pngimage.png.94ce720271725d12bf2d0531c1372978.png

Any thoughts?

Sorry, I wasn't aware of a German section in this forum.

Thank you so much for your support.

image.png

image.png

23 hours ago, RaTom said:

Obviously no data is detected for Video and Audio

This usually means, DVBViewer doesn't get data at all from the DVB device driver. However, the signal doesn't drop to 0, but remains 35% no matter if DVBViewer gets data or not, which is a bit puzzling.

In the meantime I've spotted the TC2 vendor ID 0CCD and product ID 10B2 (both from your support.zip) in the DVBViewer hardware database. These hex numbers are assigned to the old Terratec H6 stick (based on an EMPIA chipset) which for sure isn't capable of DVB-T2, so I doubt that it is identical with the TC2 stick, that seems to be based on an Afatech chipset, as indicated by Linux sites. This again is quite confusing. Two different devices should never carry the same vendor and product ID.

Anyway, DVBViewer detects the TC2 as Terratec H6, which may lead to a handling that is not suitable for the Cinergy TC2. So I'd suggest the following test:

• In DVBViewer select Help -> Configuration Folder (opens an Explorer window).
  • Close DVBViewer.
  • Open the file hardware.xml from the configuration folder with a text editor (Notepad).
  • Replace 28 in

<entry name="Vendor">28</entry>

in the first section for your "Cinergy T2 Stick DVBC BDA Filter" by 33 (which means "no special vendor specific handling")

• Save and restart DVBViewer.

Does it change anything?

This German topic reports similar issues with the TC2 stick.

However, the "Force auto-modulation" checkbox that made it work better only shows up on Options -> Hardware if the tuner is regarded as EMPIA-based, so you first need to return to

<entry name="Vendor">28</entry>

in the hardware.xml.

This is quite confusing again, because on Linux sites the TC2 is mostly described as AfaTech/Silicon Labs-based, whereas handling it as EMPIA-based doesn't work.

Anyway, just trying this and that is the only option left - or buying a Hauppauge soloHD stick, that is known to work well with DVBViewer.