warning before slumbermode is engaged

aydan

Hi,

with the new recording mechanism it's possible that dvbv will shutdown while you're watching another show. this could be prevented by issuing a dialogbox with a count down beforehand, enabling the user to abort shutdown.

bye

Aydan

this actually proved to be a rather serious problem. It happend several times that I was watching some show timeshifted while there was a recording running on another channel with set to "goto slumbermode after recording" (it's set a default action). when the recording finished i was simply cut off. As its not very useful to have to go check if there's a recording scheduled with the slumbermode setting.

You may use the Videorecorder Plugin for recording. It provides an option, that lets the plugin window pop up automatically 30 s before a timer action (like shutdown) is executed. DVBViewer GE provides a similar option (recorder control popup).

I was more thinking along the lines of determining if there's a user present and deciding if a shutdown makes sense. For example if there's been any user interaction while there's a recording going on -> don't shutdown but ask.

Also: Why is there no more option for a scheduled timeshift?

Why does DVBV show AV during scheduled recording (only uses CPU power and eats up HD-bandwidth if AutoTS is active).