Recording timer rules deleted in Kodi. But the media server still want to record them every time I update EPG.

Bjørn

Christian recomended that I post this issue in the forum, and hope Manuel Mausz

see it 😀

I have DVBViewer Media Server V3.2.2.0 and use kodi 19.4.0 with DVBViewer plugin version 19.1.0 by Manuel Mausz

I have deleted some recording timer rules in Kodi for e.g. “Inspector Morse”. But recently the media server keep adding timers to record them every time I update the EPG. The

recording timer rules are not visible in Kodi.

It is rather annoying that I have to delete lots of recordings that I don’t want.

Do you know how I can get rid of this?

I tried to delete the “searches.xml” and the “svctimers.xm” but the unwanted recording timers come back…

I think that maybe a database should be deleted or cleaned up.

Reply by Christian is below:

Hi,

Well this is frankly hard to tell. The author of the Plugin is available in our forum. You might contact him, otherwise the Media Server provides debug logs. A question about both applications are better placed in the forum, all together with the support information. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best Regards/Ystävällisin terveisin/商祈

Dipl. Ing. Christian Hackbart
Schubertstraße 23
99096 Erfurt/Germany

19 hours ago, Bjørn said:

The author of the Plugin is available in our forum.

He last visited this forum in April 2021, as you can see here. So I wouldn't count on getting in contact with him here. I would rather post in the Kodi forum, where he still seems to be active.

19 hours ago, Bjørn said:

I have deleted some recording timer rules in Kodi for e.g. “Inspector Morse”.

How did you manage to create recording timer rules in Kodi? I've just tried with Kodi 19.4, but it only allows to choose three kinds of "Reminder" as timer type.

• 2 weeks later...

@Griga:
I use Kodi 19.4 as well, with the DVBViewer plugin version 19.1.0 by Manuel Mausz., which I setup for my DVBViewer Media Server V3.2.2.0 (Pro).
When I start Kodi, I select "TV" and then "Guide".

I right-click on the show I want to record and select "add timer".

Then I edit (remove) the episode number and presss ok.

That enables recording of the show for every new episode.

as you can see there are lots of options to select recordings from different channels etc.

The problem I have is that some rules which I have deleted are no longer in the "timer rules" list, but like "Inspector Morse" it keeps recording :(

screenshot00002.thumb.png.4ee5f6e4940dd395bfabca7ed36f1031.png

15 hours ago, Bjørn said:

I hope Manuel Mausz sees this post

You are waiting for Godot.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:19 PM, Griga said:

How did you manage to create recording timer rules in Kodi? I've just tried with Kodi 19.4, but it only allows to choose three kinds of "Reminder" as timer type.

My fault. Some time ago I've disabled the DVBViewer Add-On and enabled the Simple IPTV Add-On as PVR client, just for a test, and didn't undo the change afterwards. Since the Simple IPTV Add-On doesn't support recording, Kodi only offered "Reminder" timers.

After re-enabling the DVBViewer Add-On I could set up a recording timer rule with "Morse" as search item and check the results. Obviously it caused two things in the DVBViewer Media Server:

• Creation of a search preset (which is the term used for "timer rule"  in the Media Server)
  • Creation of timers according to this preset and all other search presets with "Auto-create recording timers" checked (= timer rules) that are stored in the Media Server, no matter if they have been set up in Kodi or in another way.

Finally I deleted the timer rule in Kodi and found that the corresponding search preset vanished in the Media Server, but not the previously created recording timers. Looks like they have to be deleted separately in Kodi.

On 11/10/2022 at 9:08 PM, Bjørn said:

I tried to delete the “searches.xml” and the “svctimers.xm” but the unwanted recording timers come back…

Deleting these files only takes effect if the Media Server is stopped. Otherwise the information remains in memory. For doing it in a clean way don't delete these files, but close Kodi, visit the "Search EPG" and "Timers" page in the Media Server web interface (-> click the blue Media Server tray icon) and use these pages for deleting everything that you don't want anymore. Maybe in your case there is some left over stuff, because the synchronisation between the Kodi DVBViewer Add-On and the Media Server didn't work sufficiently at some point.

For deleting search presets, select the "Search EPG" page in the web interface, select an unwanted preset in the "Search Preset" drop-down list at the top, and click "Delete" at the bottom. Repeat this step until all unwanted presets are gone.

For deleting timers, select the "Timers" page in the web interface, check all unwanted timers by using the checkboxes at the right, and click "Delete" at the top.

Then start Kodi again, which should trigger a new synchronisation with the DVBViewer Add-On. Anyway, comparing the current Kodi and Media Server state should reveal issues concerning timers. Please note that you have to reload web interface pages in the browser (press F5) for seeing changes that you have applied in Kodi!