Vmware 6.7 with windows 10 unable to scan frequencies (There is no matching dvb device available for this channel!)

cromag

As the subject says, i am unable to scan for channels on my newly installed windows 10.

The tuner is detected and seems to me like they are enabled.

I've tried via transedit as well, same issue.

attached support.zip

Thanks in advance :)

/Cromag

support.zip

03.12.22 22:03:00.123 TBDA_TBS             OpenDevice       TBS 6281 DVBC Tuner 0 (1) did not start: bvTurbosightNew
03.12.22 22:03:00.130 TfrmScanner          AllocateHardware Open failed
03.12.22 22:03:00.172 TBDA_TBS             OpenDevice       TBS 6281 DVBC Tuner 1 (2) did not start: bvTurbosightNew
03.12.22 22:03:00.180 TfrmScanner          AllocateHardware Open failed

Your tuners (or the driver or the BDA sub-system) don't work correctly. DVBViewer can't start the stream, but gets an error message from the BDA sub-system.

This can't be fixed in DVBViewer, but only on the operating system/driver level.

hi Griga thanks for your reply.

Do you have any suggestions on how this could be fixed ? Downgrading or similar?

I've seen the BDA error messages on the forum but actually thought it most likely was not the issue in this case, but i was wrong.

The card has been active for a good while in a different, updated windows but that pc died and wanted to move it to vmware for a bit of consolidation.

/Cromag

Same drivers, same OS, device is detected in windows and there is still no access to the device.

I understand that this is not a DVBViewer issue, but i was hoping that someone might have been in this situation before, not with this specific card, but in general.

Hoping others will see this :)

Cromag

On 12/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, cromag said:

i was hoping that someone might have been in this situation before

You can try to find it out by searching the forum for VMWare, either by using the forum search (see top right of this page), or Google with site:dvbviewer.tv VMWare.