dvbviewer freezing 2 times receiving t-com spot

saeder

Hello!

I got myself a new HTPC - Sempron 2200, 256MB RAM -, a replacement for my old Fujitsu-Siemens Multitainer which was just ok running DVBViewer on.

I installed Windows 2000 and DVBViewer 3.0, which I happyly downloaded having checked for new versions just before. Everything was just installed with no custom settings at all.

Everything seemed to work just fine, except:

When showing a German Telekom T-Com spot it freezed. And it did again at the same scene of the same spot 15 minutes later.

Funny, isnt it? :)

Well, I thought I let you know.

Great software it is - DVBViewer 3.0! Well Done! :)

Off topic by the way - for my purposes it would be very nice if one could assign more than one key to a function, and why not key sequences? I'm having in mind my old Multitainer and my new IR keyboard which works fine but has no configuration software. The same keys on keyboard and small IR control have different key assignments.

Guest Lars_MQ
When showing a German Telekom T-Com spot it freezed. And it did again at the same scene of the same spot 15 minutes later.

Very strange. I'd never knew the DVBViewer had a "bad made commercials" protection :)

same keys on keyboard and small IR control have different key assignments.

I'm not quite shure what you mean.

Well. I bought this infrared keyboard with an additional remote control and infrared receiver which connects to the standard keyboard and mouse connectors on the pc. As I said the keycodes sent are different. I can either program the keyboard to work or the remote control, not both.

same keys on keyboard and small IR control have different key assignments.

I'm not quite shure what you mean.

let me guess the IR control sends normal keyboardcodes instead of Winlirc commands?

You are right. That's what I'd better said.

The remote control sends key scancodes. WinLirc is of not use with that.

Even my old Multitainer did it that way, too.

• 1 month later...

This problem with T-Com spots and some other adverts. I seem to have fixed this by deinstalling Sonic Cineplayer, which I believe was part of the Skystar2 driver installation, and using WinDVD instead.