Media server. Export m3U playlist from Web interface and ports in export.

archecon

Media server. Export m3U playlist from Web interface.
The media server is accessible from the domain name: https://something.tk:443.
The reason for this solution: DDNS, Cloudflare tunnels.

Version Mediaserver - latest

Problem:  
1. The exported m3U playlist lists https://something.tk:8088.
i.e. it takes the settings from Mediaserver.

Question: Is it possible to specify somewhere in the media server configuration the port it will indicate when exporting the playlist via the website?  A: A satisfactory solution is also to edit the Mediaserver configuration file manually.  
Changing the default Mediaserver ports does not solve the problem, the default ports are needed for internal server-side processing. It is not desirable to change them. 

2. The exported playlist via the web interface does not contain program groups and channel group.
Only a simple list of them.  This is surprising. DVBViewer can load playlists with groups and cannot export them via the web interface.

Question: Is it possible to specify somewhere in the mediaserver configuration to export via the web interface including program groups?
Manual editing of the mediaserver conguation file is also a satisfactory solution.  

Edit: partially addresses the problem already in this link:
https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/67428-m3u-file-channel-group/
But so far unhurriedly.

56 minutes ago, archecon said:

2. The exported playlist via the web interface does not contain program groups and channel group.

Launch DMSTweaker.bat (see DVBViewer program directory) and search for M3U related settings. Among them you will find "Live stream M3U configuration". The description states:

Specifies what shall be included in downloaded M3U files that contain live stream (channel) URLs. Add the following numbers for getting the desired set of tags: 1 = add the category to the channel name. 2 = category as group-title tag (only when the category changes). 4 = category as group-title tag for every item. 8 = channel logo URL as tvg-logo tag. 16 = EPG channel ID as tvg-id tag (for XMLTV data). 32 = channel name as tvg-name tag. 64 = one-based channel number as tvg-chno tag

Does this help?

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Launch DMSTweaker.bat (see DVBViewer program directory) and search for M3U related settings. Among them you will find "Live stream M3U configuration". The description states:

Does this help?

Thank you, 
program group 2 and 4 partially resolved. 
But the channel groups did not. Channel groups will do the split.  And only program groups /genres/ are visible. 
To clarify: Channel groups are important if I have 2 or more different playlists imported on the server. 

As for the second part of my question regarding ports. It would be very convenient to be able to set the exported port in m3U in DMSTweaker.
Of course we will think of a workaround, but cloudflare tunnels are not the only one I use. Incorporate this into DMSTweaker, hopefully others will appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, archecon said:

To clarify: Channel groups are important if I have 2 or more different playlists imported on the server. 

How are they coded in M3U files? Which field from the DVBViewer / Media Server channel list shall be used as channel group? The root folder name?

Since there are no official specifications for the M3U file format and M3U tags, an exact definition of what you want is required (and/or a link to specifications).

2 hours ago, archecon said:

It would be very convenient to be able to set the exported port in m3U in DMSTweaker.

There is already something similiar in DMSTweaker as part of the reverse proxy support. However, it requires to first specify a Reverse Proxy IP, as seen by the Media Server. It appears in each request received by the Media Server as client IP address (typically 127.0.0.1 if the Reverse Proxy is running on the same PC as the Media Server), because the Reverse Proxy forwards all requests from the outside to the Media Server, thus appearing as its client.

If a Reverse Proxy IP is specified, a Reverse Proxy host URL can be configured (like https://myhost:443). Clients are using it for sending requests to the Reverse Proxy from the outside. It may also contain a port number, of course. The Media Server will use it in exported M3U files.

I have no experience with cloudflare tunnels and such stuff. So I don't know the requirements and if they meet the Reverse Proxy support somehow. What is the client IP address seen by the Media Server and which one is used by clients from the outside? There seems to be a difference, at least concerning the port.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Griga said:

How are they coded in M3U files? Which field from the DVBViewer / Media Server channel list shall be used as channel group? The root folder name?

Since there are no official specifications for the M3U file format and M3U tags, an exact definition of what you want is required (and/or a link to specifications).

There is already something similiar in DMSTweaker as part of the reverse proxy support. However, it requires to first specify a Reverse Proxy IP, as seen by the Media Server. It appears in each request received by the Media Server as client IP address (typically 127.0.0.1 if the Reverse Proxy is running on the same PC as the Media Server), because the Reverse Proxy forwards all requests from the outside to the Media Server, thus appearing as its client.

If a Reverse Proxy IP is specified, a Reverse Proxy host URL can be configured (like https://myhost:443). Clients are using it for sending requests to the Reverse Proxy from the outside. It may also contain a port number, of course. The Media Server will use it in exported M3U files.

I have no experience with cloudflare tunnels and such stuff. So I don't know the requirements and if they meet the Reverse Proxy support somehow. What is the client IP address seen by the Media Server and which one is used by clients from the outside? There seems to be a difference, at least concerning the port.

Spectacular advice Griga. The reverse proxy setup works perfectly, with port 443 already specified in the playlist.
Thank you. .-)
As for the M3U structure the answer will require a small timeout.