The colors used for the channel names

barracuz

Hello

I just want to know why some channel names are displayed in blue and the others are displayed in black in the channel list. All the channels are FTA channels.

2022-12-14-092042.jpg

1 hour ago, barracuz said:

I just want to know why some channel names are displayed in blue and the others are displayed in black in the channel list.

Black = channels using the traditional transmission standards DVB-S / DVB-T / DVB-C

Blue = channels using the advanced transmission standards DVB-S2 / DVB-T2, requiring tuners/demodulators that are able to receive it.

9 hours ago, Webturtle said:

in my channel list, all DVB-T2 HD channels are displayed in black letters.

This means, they are flagged wrongly as DVB-T, most likely because they were scanned with a DVB-T (not DVB-T2) transponder list.

Most DVB-T2 devices don't care how the channels or transponders are flagged. They are able to auto-detect the modulation system, so DVBViewer doesn't have to tell them. Only some of them inform DVBViewer about what they have detected, so the scanner can auto-correct transponder list entries from DVB-T to DVB-T2 or vice versa.

In certain scenarios, e.g. if there is a DVB-T and a DVB-T2 device, the channels must be flagged correctly, though. If not, DVBViewer will probably use the DVB-T device for DVB-T2 channels, which of course doesn't work.

• Like 1

Hello,

I see.

The DVBViewer Pro has recognized the Astrometa DVB-T2 HD receiver as DVB-T2 in the hardware settings. DVB-T2 is not marked for the channels in the channel lists. When the DVB-T2 HD was introduced, I carried out a channel search and also later without deleting the channels that had already been found.

Since there is no longer any DVB-T in Germany, in practice it should not matter in which color the channels are listed. However, there is one difference: black is easier to read than blue.

Many greetings

Webturtle