Mute -> disconnect audio

daffy

Since my first experience with DVBViewer, I have now switched to an ever so slightly more "modern" environment - one that includes an A/V receiver.

For the sake of simplicity, I am using AC3Filter as my audio renderer, for the sole purpose of it forwarding everything to that A/V receiver via S/PDIF pass-through.

Somewhat unfortunately, having pass-through via S/PDIF enabled, changing volume in DVBViewer does not have any effect. I always have to change volume at the A/V receiver (which is OK).

For muting, though, I would expect DVBViewer to (optionally) not only reduce volume to nothing, but also to stop passing on audio data. This way, I can mute via DVBViewer (e.g. whenever there is advertising) and don't have to touch the A/V receiver.

[i am a lazy bastard, granted - I'd just have to pick up the other remote control. But aren't computers and software all about convenience? ;-)]