My DVBViewer Media Server freeze after a few minute.

Soarez

Hello.

I recently bought a second tuner so that I can watch two different channels on different TVs on different transponders, but I don't understand what exactly is happening, that after just a few minutes of starting a TV channel, the DMS freezes and I don't know what exactly I have to check or reconfigure. Before putting the second tuner, I had no problems with DMS. Thanks to those who give me pertinent advice.

support.zip

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Soarez:

I recently bought a second tuner so that I can watch two different channels on different TVs on different transponders,

Which is the new one? TechniSat CableStar Combo HD CI, appearing as TechniSat UDST7000BDA in the DVBViewer device list? The driver seems to not run stably in your system. As the svcdebug.log shows, the Media Server does not terminate regularly on some occasions, which means, it has been stopped forcefully. It looks like it sometimes gets stuck when using CableStar Combo driver functions, because the calls don't return.

Do you watch encrypted channels? If not, uncheck "Has CI module" for all tuners in the Media Server hardware options, because it causes additional communication with the driver. Perhaps doing less will work better... good luck.

The new one is CableStar HD2 on PCI but today I unplugged the CableStar HD CI from USB and when the DMS is on standby I saw on the TV that the DMS restarts for no reason. I need the CI to be active, but I will try to disable it to see if there are any improvements. Can I make other changes in the settings?
Which DVB-C tuner model is most compatible with DVBViewer and which one do you recommend? Looking forward for your answer and Thank you for your support.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Soarez:

Can I make other changes in the settings?

Unfortunately it is difficult to influence it on the application level if it is a driver issue.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Soarez:

Which DVB-C tuner model is most compatible with DVBViewer and which one do you recommend?

Nowadays it's hard to find good DVB-C tuners with CI. Of cource you could use any tuner if software descrambling (by plugin) is legal in your country, for example this USB dual tuner that is known to work well with DVBViewer. However, if you need a hardware CI, there is not much choice, and none for PCI slots anymore, except second hand articles.

For PCIe   you could purchase this TBS card. However, many users experienced instabilities when using the CI. I wouldn't try it without a refund possibility.  If you can still find it somewhere, a DVBSky device would by ok. This Digital Devices card works well with DVBViewer, also with an additional CI module. It is a high quality product for professional purpose, but quite expensive.