DVBViewer controller android app can't delete recordings or list tasks

eXtremeDevil

Hi. I'm using the DVBViewer controller app for android and I've noticed that I can't delete recordings or list tasks. Now, I know that those functions should not work with DMS Basic, but, I've seen a couple of thing that makes make wonder if those functions would really work with the paid version of DMS.

1 - The app hasn't been updated since 2020, so maybe some things have changed on the DMS end and the app can no longer access to it, regardless of the free or paid DMS version.

2 - When trying to listing tasks, the app fails with the message "HTTP Code: 404 when accessing url: XXXXXXXX/api/tasks.html?all=0

I've tried the XXXXXXXX/api/tasks.html?all=0 address on the local machine when DMS is running and it is indeed not found.

So my question is, even with the DMS paid version, would the tasks option work on the app? Or has this been outdated? And what about the recordings deletion, also within the app?

Thanks in advance.

On 6/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, eXtremeDevil said:

The app hasn't been updated since 2020, so maybe some things have changed on the DMS end and the app can no longer access to it, regardless of the free or paid DMS version.

The API used by add-ons is carefully kept compatible.

When trying to listing tasks, the app fails with the message "HTTP Code: 404 when accessing url: XXXXXXXX/api/tasks.html?all=0

Since tasks are security relevant, the Media Server does not allow to read or change them with guest rights. Please read more about the Media Server Basic resrictions here.

with the DMS paid version, would the tasks option work on the app?

Yes.

On 6/10/2023 at 3:55 PM, Griga said:

Since tasks are security relevant, the Media Server does not allow to read or change them with guest rights. Please read more about the Media Server Basic resrictions here.

I know, but as I said, I tried that api URL on the machine the server is running and it was also 404, is that normal as well?

Edited by eXtremeDevil
2 hours ago, eXtremeDevil said:

I tried that api URL on the machine the server is running and it was also 404, is that normal as well?

It is normal if you are using the Basic version, because it only allows API access with guest rights.