DVBViewer 7.2.4.0 Crashing and Freezing The System

Novak

I have DVBViewer 7.2.4.0 on my Windows 11 system. I am experiencing frequent DVBViewer crashes which freeze the whole system. The only way to recover is the hard reset on the system's cabinet. There os no information in any of Windows Logs when try to check them with Event Viewer. As you will see in the support.zip there is nothing there to indicate what has happened (as much as I can read info). I had this problem for a long time, previously with Windows 10 but it was not as frequent as it is now with Windows 11. Sometimes there is no crash for the whole day. Sometimes there are several crashes in the same day.  I hope that you can tell me what is happening.

Novak support.zip Novak System Information 05082023.txt

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Novak:

I am experiencing frequent DVBViewer crashes which freeze the whole system.

Even the Windows Task Manager cannot be launched?

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Novak:

Sometimes there is no crash for the whole day. Sometimes there are several crashes in the same day.  I hope that you can tell me what is happening.

Hard to tell... there are quite a lot of possible reasons for it. However, it is quite unlikely that freezing the whole system is triggered on the application level. With a multi-core CPU this is almost impossible. So I would rather assume a driver issue, or maybe a hardware fault, a faulty RAM module, or something similar.

To narrow the cause down, I would check if it happens

• only with TV/video playback going on in DVBViewer, but not with radio/audio playback. This would point to the graphics card or its driver.
  • only with TV/radio reception going on in DVBViewer (not necessarily playing, but at least recording), but not with file playback. This would point to the DVB device drivers.

The key point of this crash is that the whole system iz frozen and nothing can be done except the hard reset on the system cabinet. The question is what can cause the complete system stop. Like I have said, there is nothing in any of Windows logs except the system restarted and an un-expected stop happened previously. The only operations which I have with DVBViewer is TV, no radio. And this kind of crash can happened if only it plays the live TV or play live TV and records or even if it pays the channel which it records. You have mentioned the device drivers. That might be possible. The tuner card Blackgold has a pretty old driver which worked well on Win 7 and quite well on Win 10 (although these kind of crashes used to happend then as well but not often). The crashes are now frequent with Win 11. The problem is that Blackgold company is gone out of business and this driver is the last they have published. There is no better/newer driver available. The key question is, can this tuner card driver cause this kind of system freeze? If it is possible then I have to change the tuner card. Would you be able to recommend a tuner card which has both T/T2 and S/S2 tuners and it works with DVBViewer and Win 11. I would very much appreciate.

• 2 weeks later...

I have similat issue, (brand new HP server Win 10 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700   2.10 GHz 16GB)

Tuner card Digital Devices Max4 with latest driver available!

My DVBViewer 7.2.4.0 and DVB Media Server 3.2.4.0 STOP responding every 12-24 hours (it doesnt freez pc but i need to stop and start DVB Media Server in order to usit it)

PS This PC is brand new and it is used only for DVB Viever/MS (no other operations done on this pc)