Trouble recording after upgrade to 3.0

Sean C

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded to version 3.0 last night - nice job, I really like the software!

The only problem I have is with recording, or more specifically not being able to disable playback.

I was previously using v2.2 with the VideoRecorder plugin v2.9.

Upgraded to viewer v3.0 and the video on and off buttons in the plugin stopped working. So I upgraded the plugin to v3.0 and now the buttons are greyed out altogether.

So then I uninstalled the plugin, thinking I probably don't need it anymore, but no matter what I do I cannot find a way to disable the playback anymore. The settings section on the recorder control window is completely missing as well.

I want to leave the software running, but not with a constant load on the CPU.

Anything I've missed, or any gotcha's with the upgrade?

Cheers,

Sean.

Edited by Sean C

Hi Griga,

Yep, I found that forum, thats why I figured I could live without the plugin.

I don't think I can though. Apart from anything else I really need to see how many stream errors are in a recording (cause I get loads of the damn things).

Regardless, if I read things correctly, the current version of the viewer has no way of disabling the AV so I guess I need to roll back for now. Can't do without that.

Pity.

Cheers,

Sean.

the current version of the viewer has no way of disabling the AV

The coming version 3.01 probably will, due to some complaints.

Furthermore, there is a special DVBViewer GE version ("Griga Edition" ;) ) available in the Service Center, that provides an even more effective Disable AV function ("View/ Disable Playback"). It removes the complete filter graph without affecting an ongoing recording, resulting in nearly 0% processor usage (plus low memory usage), even when recording HDTV.

Unfortunately there is no English instruction available at the moment. You'll get an English user interface after deleting the Deutsch.lng file, however. With the coming DVBViewer GE 1.2 I'll provide at least an English Readme, informing about the main points.

DVBViewer GE is a kind of "private" version, that provides advanced features similar to DVBV 3.0, but focuses more on the DVB/MPEG2 core. Here are some of the features:

- Recording/playback work independently. You may watch a video/DVD while recording, or switch over to another channel, if it is broadcasted on the same transponder.

- Optimal cooperation with the VRPlugin - much easier compared to previous DVBViewer versions.

- Playback of ongoing recordings (MPG and TS). Available 10 seconds after a recordings has been started - just click Play in the recorder control window.

- "Native" TS recording (without the VRPlugin) and playback by using the DVBViewer Filter as file source filter.

- Displays stream errors in the recorder control window.

...and some things more. However, DVBViewer GE doesn't support skins & network and doesn't contain the advanced 3.0 HTPC/OSD features.

Well, seems I've started writing the Readme right now :) well, you can give DVBViewer GE a try. But don't mix it up with other DVBViewer ínstallations. Unpack the ZIP to a separate folder. You may use your channels.dat and your favourites.ini with DVBViewer GE, but not the setup.ini - it's not compatible.