Task scheduler problem

LR001

Hello,

scheduled recordings are not possible, log shows that DVBViewer fails to set task scheduler. Task scheduler works ok if tasks are set manually, timer wake up etc. DVBViewer is 7.2.4.0 and windows 10.

Account is password protected and is set also in DVBViewer settings. I've searched www and dvb forum but no luck.

Error message is as follows: (DVBViewer log)

Internal Scheduler    80070057: cannot create the job. TDVBScheduler.Add()

What might go wrong ?

support.zip

3 hours ago, LR001 said:

What might go wrong ?

I've just tried. It doesn't happen here under Windows 10. So I think it is something specific to your system. If you search the web for Windows Task Scheduler 80070057, you will get quite a lot of results that are dealing with this error, e.g. this article that enumerates possible reasons and fixes. I hope you can find something that applies...

An alternative is using the DVBViewer Media Server for executing timer recordings. Since it is running as Windows Service in the background all the time, it doesn't have to use the Windows Task Scheduler for being started. For waking the PC up from Hibernate/Sleep it uses its own mechanism.

For scheduling recordings on the local PC (not remotely from other devices) the DVBViewer Media Server Basic will do. It is free for users who have purchased DVBViewer Pro. Recordings can still be scheduled in DVBViewer as usual, but it automatically delegates them to the DVBViewer Media Server after being configured accordingly. If DVBViewer detects a running Media Server, it will offer to execute the Media Server Wizard for performing the configuration steps (also see Media Server Wizard in the DVBViewer help menu or Settings -> Options -> DVBViewer Media Server).

Thanks for quick reply.

After clean install of windows10home and DVBViewer problem was still there. PVR cannot create scheduler tasks.

So I decided to use media server basic. With this scheduled recordings are working very well.

So problem solved.

LR001