Some IPTV Channels hangs every seconds.

dragon131

Hi, in Spain we have a free IPTV Channel list formed by TDT Channels thats Broadcast free over internet.

I have a problem with some Channels of these list, every seconds they hang a pair of seconds,then It continue a few seconds, then hangs a few seconds in a eternal bucle.

For example the 33tv.(valencia) its one of these.

I have test change h.264 codecs and nothing,also i don't view cpu researches 100% from far when It hangs.

Please ¿anyone can test It with another computer?. Thank you.

https://www.tdtchannels.com/listas#google_vignette

vor 5 Stunden schrieb dragon131:

I have a problem with some Channels of these list, every seconds they hang a pair of seconds,then It continue a few seconds, then hangs a few seconds in a eternal bucle. For example the 33tv.(valencia) its one of these.

Interesting. I've downloaded the Listas de televisión M3U from the tdtchannels site and added it to my channel list. I expected most channels to be geo-blocked, but I can receive at least some of them in Germany, among them 33TV Valencia.

It plays fluently here, but not perfectly, as a displayed text ticker at the bottom revealed. Nevertheless it didn't stop for some seconds.

You may want to compare the performance with the one in VLC, that uses a different display system than DVBViewer. Just copy the address from the DVBViewer channel editor and enter it in VLC  -> Media -> Open Network Stream.

You can provide information about your DVBViewer configuration by attaching a support.zip, allowing me to compare it with my configuration. Reproducing the problem in DVBViewer debug mode beforehand will create a DVBViewer.log that enumerates the decoders that are actually used for playback.

Useful information about the playback issue is probably shown on the DVBViewer Filter property page. Does it display any errors? Please provide a screenshot.

its so rare, it think it go to zero signal(evr show a zero) an back few seconds, the strange is that it don't happend in all channels(with the same codification resolucion etc)

i  copy the url in vcl and play  o.k.

I view c33 with the dvb fiter on screen.

In the dialog "last error":

I selected c33->none.

fisrt stop->(pcr/pts gap (3)

second stop->buffer overflow(1558)

third stop->(pcr/pts gap (8

pcr/pts gap (11)

buffer overflow(2589) etc etc etc

support.zip

Somehow the timing of the IPTV server doesn't match the timing in DVBViewer. Data from the server doesn't arrive evenly, but in bursts. Sometimes a lot all at once, sometimes nothing for some seconds. This causes severals issues. I can reproduce it with 33TV Valencia.

However, there are ways around it. One method is

• Go to the channel editor, check "Play as file" for the channel in question and click apply.
  • Go to Settings -> Options -> Playback Components -> DVBViewer Filter -> File Types and uncheck "Use DVBViewer Filter for *.m3u8 (HLS)". Click apply.

After this DVBViewer will not receive the channel natively anymore, but delegate it to the LAV Splitter component (part of the LAV Filters, that are installed on your PC, as far as I can see). Since it is FFmepg-based like VLC, the handling is similar. The following step may also be necessary, if playback won't start:

• Go to the Windows start menu -> LAV Filters -> LAV Splitter Configuration and increase Network Settings -> Stream Analysis Duration to a higher value, e.g. 5000 or even 10000 ms.

An alternative is using timeshift in DVBViewer with the following steps

• Start a timeshift recording in DVBViewer while the channel is playing by clicking Pause (in the Playback Menu or the Control Bar).
  • Wait 10 seconds.
  • Click Play to resume playback. Now DVBViewer writes the data to a (temporary) timeshift file and reads  it back for playback, which "smoothes" the stop & go data delivery of the server.

IPTV reception is handled in DVBViewer by TS Stream devices (except if the LAV Splitter is used). TS Stream devices usually don't appear in Options -> Hardware -> Device List, because they are created in the background on demand. One of their default settings is to automatically retune the channel (= reconnect to the IPTV server) if no data arrives for 5 seconds. I can see in your DVBViewer.log that this happens. It can still cause playback gaps, even when timeshifted. If you want to change that, additionally perform the following step:

• Go to Options -> Hardware, click Add and select TS Stream Device. This adds such a device to the list, allowing you to change the settings.
  • For this device set "Retune on missing stream after..." to 0 for switching auto-retuning off completely or set it to some higher value like 10 seconds. Click Apply.

These are two possible work-arounds you may want to try. They may also have disadvantages... see if you can live with it.