Astrometa Hibrid TV and HBBTV problem

jankiel2000

Hello.
I use the DVB-T Astromet Hibrid card. DVBViewer finds him as Astromet DTV Filter. This causes problems with watching TV.
By default, the card starts in DVB-T and not DVB-T2. Is it possible for a DVBVIEER to detect two independent filters, such as another program where two devices are detected:
1) {bda} Astromet DTV Filter-DVB-T
2) {BDA} Astromet DTV Filter-DVB-T2
This would allow you to smoothly switch between card modes.

The problem is also the HBBTV mode. In my country, it does not work properly for most channels. I add a log in the application in the attachment.

DVBViewer.log

vor 10 Minuten schrieb jankiel2000:

The problem is also the HBBTV mode. In my country, it does not work properly for most channels.

Please read here.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb jankiel2000:

What about the improvement of the astromete?

For identifying your device a support.zip is required.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb jankiel2000:

I use the DVB-T Astromet Hibrid card. DVBViewer finds him as Astromet DTV Filter. This causes problems with watching TV.
By default, the card starts in DVB-T and not DVB-T2.

I've never heard of a device that behaves like this, neither Astrometa nor other DVB-T2 devices. There are several German users who are using Astrometa devices for German DVB-T2, but none of them reported such an issue up to now.

Usually devices that are capable of receiving DVB-T2 cover DVB-T as well with a single entry in the device list. There is no need for mode switching. Your DVBViewer.log shows that you are receiving DVB-T2 channels with the  ASTROMETA DTV Filter. So what is the problem?

DVBViewer doesn't support the special handling you are requesting. For supporting it (if really required) we would need information from the manufacturer how to do it. It is difficult to get for this cheap far-east-stuff, because often the vendor (Astrometa) is not the chipset manufacturer.

Thank you with the answer.

Generally, in this tuner to watch something on DVB-T, they must be in this mode and the same for DVB-T2. In the crew my configuration with DVBViewer. The second file is logs from the progdvb, which can change these modes could be useful because it is a pity. I think the DVBViewer is better but this inconvenience spoils it a bit.

Regards.

support.zip PLogs.zip

vor 10 Stunden schrieb jankiel2000:

Generally, in this tuner to watch something on DVB-T, they must be in this mode and the same for DVB-T2.

So how did you manage to switch to DVB-T2 mode for receiving it in DVBViewer? According to the DVBViewer.log you have received DVB-T2.

The vendor and product ID (vid_15f4&pid_0135) of your Astrometa device is not known to the DVBViewer hardware database, but searching for it in the web yields this site and software:

https://f2065.ru/en/soft/amcfg_en/

Zitat

In addition, you can manually switch DVB-C/T/T2 reception modes and PLP numbers for use in software that does not support the features of this tuner. (Astrometa has a non-standard BDA driver – it does not implement standard mode switching and does not implement PLP selection, so BDA-soft either needs to know this model of the tuner and its non-standard API or modes can be switched using AMcfg manually).

Does it solve your problem?

This program can be changed using
 \ Program Files (x86) \ Astrometa \ TVR \ AMDVBT2.dll

Indeed, everyone has to get this file alone.
You can somehow turn on this DLL service to DVBViewer. Yes, it is necessary to set the appropriate mode with each start of the computer.
There is this DLL in the application of the TVReader 4.7.6 manufacturer on the manufacturer's website.
http://www.astrometa.com.tw/integrated_en.html
This DLL provides such functions:

int __cdecl AMDVB_GetPLPInfo(struct _PLPINFO *)    0x100018b0    0x000018b0    4 (0x4)    AMDVBT2.dll   Exported Function    
int __cdecl AMDVB_GetReceiverMode(enum AMDVB_RECEIVER_MODE *)    0x100016e0    0x000016e0    5 (0x5)    AMDVBT2.dll  Exported Function    
int __cdecl AMDVB_SetPLPInfo(struct _PLPINFO *)    0x10001950    0x00001950    6 (0x6)    AMDVBT2.dll Exported Function    
int __cdecl AMDVB_SetReceiverMode(enum AMDVB_RECEIVER_MODE)    0x100017d0    0x000017d0    7 (0x7)    AMDVBT2.dll  Exported Function    
public: __thiscall CAMDVBT2::CAMDVBT2(void)    0x10001010    0x00001010    1 (0x1)    AMDVBT2.dll  Exported Function    
public: __thiscall CAMDVBT2::~CAMDVBT2(void)    0x10001020    0x00001020    2 (0x2)    AMDVBT2.dll  Exported Function    
public: class CAMDVBT2 & __thiscall CAMDVBT2::operator=(class CAMDVBT2 const &)    0x10001000    0x00001000    3 (0x3)    AMDVBT2.dll  Exported Function    

As if it was impossible, it's a pity.

Am 24.1.2024 um 18:16 schrieb jankiel2000:

AMDVBT2.dll Exported Function    
int __cdecl AMDVB_SetReceiverMode(enum AMDVB_RECEIVER_MODE)  

This one is required for mode switching, I guess. Unfortunately searching the web for the AMDVB_RECEIVER_MODE enumeration doesn't yield any results. If you manage to get documentation about how the DLL interface (API) must be used, or may be some source code as example, it can perhaps be supported in DVBViewer.

However, this would require some work that wouldn't pay off, because there is only little demand for it. Up to now you are the only one that wants support for this odd Astrometa device. I would prefer to buy a USB device that doesn't cause such complications, but is known to work well with DVBViewer, like this one.