Remote Control Plugin

Guest Lars_MQ

I uploaded a update of the remote control Plugin into the members area.

Unfortunatly I forgot the english readme, so for now I post it here >_<

SVRP Plugin for DVBViewer.

Version: 0.9.1 beta

Short Background:

The SVRP (Simple Video Recorder Protocol) was written and invented by Klaus Schmidinger.

He wanted a simple possibilty to communicate with the VDR (www.vdrportal.de - a very good page unfortunally mostly in german) via telnet. All commands are simple text commands.

The Package:

Plugins:

The contents of the folder belongs into the DVBViewer pluginfolder.

no much to say about the dll, but the svdrp.ini contains quite important settings.

You can en- and disable the svrp-host in the Plugin menu of the DVBViewer.

SVDRP.INI

[Main]

Port=2001    the port of the host. Best to keep this setting this way. But you can use other ports if you like, just rember to set the clients correct.

Aktiv=1    1 is activ, 0 deactivate.

[Keys]

Don't change anything in this section it's the mapping of the remote keys.

[Hosts]

0=127.0.0.1      Here you can define which ips are allowed to contact the host. For security reason per default only the local computer is allowed. More about the setting please read the help -> section fileformats...

DEMO Remote control (Fernbedienung)

Simple choose connect in the File menu. The rest should be selfexplanatory  ;-))

You can get a webcontroll frontend (vdradmin) (http://www.linvdr.de/projects/vdradmin/) in a special version for the DVBViewer here (sorry explanation for now only german I'll rework it):

link

Have fun

lars

• 9 months later...

Hello,

what is the current status of the remote control plugin, is it still under development? I am looking for a way to control timers across net, so is this what I should use or is there other options?

• 11 months later...

Hi,

What's the situation with vdradmin? Is this "Remote Control Plugin" usable and anyidea where one can have vdradmin for Windows (is it ported at all?)

BR,