Program Recording adaption

Hironimo

Hello

I just had a sceduled recording running.

The program was suspended due to reports on

the pope's death. So I wished to change the

sceduled recording and put the stop-time to

a later date.

I could do that, so I assumed that the changes

would be taken into respect.

But the actual recording was already stopped

at the original stopping time, but the the record-button

was still greyed-out making me assume that recording

was still active.

Please note that I have the Video Recorder plugin

installed.

I think this discrepance is a bug.

I think DVBViewer should stop recording

on the current stop time, not the original one.

Also, if I may note so, I find the lack of integration

into the windows task sceduling system a disappointment.

Up till now I used iuVcr with my analog card and it's

integration was easy, understandable and effective.

DVBViewer is confusing when compared.

Can you confirm the discrepance bug?

Thanx in Advance,

Lukas

Guest Lars_MQ

Confirmed.

The cooperation between the DVBViewer 3.0 and the VRP Plugin is in the current Version of the DVBViewer a little bit difficult.

But we adressed the Problem and Griga will release this weekend the Version 3.05 of the VRP and Christian hopefully sometime next week the 3.1 of the DVBViewer. These Versions work much better together, so your problem should not occure anymore.

lars

Guest Oliver

The 3.0 Pro doesn't show such a behaviour with the internal recorder. Furthermore there's no longer a need for the VRP. Concerning the scheduler integration: I can't imagine an easier method than the current solution: You only need to have the scheduler.exe in the DVBViewer folder and that's it.

Bye

Furthermore there's no longer a need for the VRP.

For "normal" recording, ok. But for "special" recording like multi channel TS, or recordings that shall include teletext or DVB subtitles it is still a must. So i think the statememt above is a bit too "flat".

Guest Oliver

Teletext and subtitles, yes, but multichannel-recordings are obsolete now with the possibility of parallel recordings in separate files.

Bye, Oliver

if i want to record arte german and french, i'd have to record both channels at the same time which would be much more difficult to handle than just let the vrp add the second audio-line ;) and thats not really a multichannel recording :bounce:

for me the possibility to record to another partition/folder is a really nice add-on if i leave my pc a week or two alone and don't want to reorganize the space of 3 or 4 partitions (want another 200gb ext hd :sadwalk: ) :D

for "normal" poeple, the "normal" recording engine should be enaugh, of course :D

Guest Lars_MQ
Teletext and subtitles

By the way the 3.0 records teletext subtitles and dvbsubtitles :sadwalk:

But Griga and Admi-ral are right. If you want more than a recording of "normal" stuff you need the VRP Plugin. It has much more possibilities to customize what is recorded.

By the way the 3.0 records teletext subtitles and dvbsubtitles

As TS?

There are so many possibilities to record with DVBViewer Pro 3.0 & Vidorecoder Plugin that it gets hard to keep track of them all.

IMO the most useful VRPlugin feature for DVBViewer 3.0 users is the overview provided by the Channels Tab, since it shows all channels and program elements that are broadcasted on the same transponder (in the same data stream), thus being suitable for simultaneous recording / playback.

IMO the most useful VRPlugin feature for DVBViewer 3.0 users is the overview provided by the Channels Tab, since it shows all channels and program elements that are broadcasted on the same transponder (in the same data stream), thus being suitable for simultaneous recording / playback.

yeah, without re-scanning the channels and sorting via frequence there is no other way to see which channels are on the same transponder (although you know it by heart :sadwalk: ) ...

but it would be a nice hint to mark all ard-channels in the osd-channel-list while recording ard,... :bounce:

Guest Lars_MQ
but it would be a nice hint to mark all ard-channels in the osd-channel-list while recording ard,... 

I thought about it, but it's much complexer.

Everytime you try to program a recording via OSD (there are 5 or 6 possibilities to do it) it has to check if there is a running recording / programmed recording and if the transponders match. It's quite a task and could slow down the whole stuff.

I'll have to think a little more about it. For shure it won't be in the 3.1 of the DVBViewer.