Warning for colliding recordings

aydan

There should be a warning if there's a collision in the record settings. also if there's an unresolved collision the scheduler should keep asking "tune channel" forever, but just go on recording as soon as the overlap has elapsed.

I've set my recordings to start 5 minutes early and finish 10 minutes late.

I programmed something with an accidental overlap of probably only 1 or 2 minutes. Since the scheduler didn't just go on recording or at least warned me I lost the following recordings. The scheduler should hide the popup and just go on recording after the overlap is over.

Guest Lars_MQ

OK I read your text now 5 Times and I'm not even close to understanding what you're trying to say.

If there are overlapping recordings, the recording which starts later will be put on hold till there is a possibility to record.

The user has to take care of collisions. The DVBViewer can't know which recording is more important to a user. It works like "first come first served".

well, in my situation, the recordings after the "clash" didn't work, because there was this popup asking if I want to tune the channel anyway. since i wasn't there to say yes, the channel wasn't tuned and the recording not started.

If there'd been a warning that there's overlapping recordings, like a popup or something and not only the red colored lines inside the record settings window, i would have been able to resolve the problem.

What about the collision warning (popup or OSD icon)? will something along these lines be implemented?

Edited by aydan