Newbie Help

bridgedweller

Please Help

I have just purchased a sky2 card this came with version 4.3 of the software, after installation clicking on the DVBViewer gives the following message.

Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2 Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 0x91000101 (unknown Error Code) I can get no picture or sound.

I Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the card, uninstalling and reinstalling the software reloading sonic dvd and just about everything that the forum shows on this problem and nothing works.

Can someone help please as I am just about to launch the card through the window.

My machine spec is:-

Medion Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Center with XP Home

TV Tuner card, antenna driven

ATI Graphics,

Wireless Braoadband, Netgear.

Also is there a newer manual (in English) as some of the descriptions in my manual do not match those actually shown on the screen during installation.

I have contemplated buying the full version of rhe software but I am unsure whether this will improve anything.

Many thanks

:blush:

I too am having the same problem no video no audio and on some occassions it comesup with the same message, other times it comes up with The hardware and device driver must be installed before installing the application software, refer to hardware installation procedure.

The funny thing is I used to get some programmes, but now I cant. I have installed and uninstalled the software tried installing on my second PC but no joy. I am really pissed off.

I thought that this board was supposed to be for newbies, it is obvious that there are quite a number of bugs with this software and product.

For your information I have done everything suggested in the extremely poor quality FAQ, I am not sure where to get the information that you request.

If you have no help to offer then don't bother I will bin the card and erase the crap software.

I too am having the same problem no video no audio and on some occassions it comesup with the same message, other times it comes up with The hardware and device driver must be installed before installing the application software, refer to hardware installation procedure.

The funny thing is I used to get some programmes, but now I cant.  I have installed and uninstalled the software tried installing on my second PC but no joy.  I am really pissed off.

Hi I have looked through this extremely poor site and it apears that all they want you to do is to buy the full version as the software supplied with the card is obviously crap and full of bugs.

I am going to bin the card and buy a decent Haupage card, at least the software works properly with this.

Did you even read the linked information? Where are your information? Setup.xml, logmpgdecoder.txt, DVBViewer.log? The only poor thing is your attitude.

If you were able to explain how to get this information, then maybe I would be able to find it.

Yes I read your very poor information and the only reason that I have a bad attitude is due to the frustration in trying to get this thing to work.

You assume that everybody has a detailed knowledge of the information that you require and how to go about getting it, maybe if you were more helpfull than just giving me a link to something I have looked at a dozen times I may be able to fix it.

I repeat this section of the board is supposed to be for Newbies who do not have a detailed knowledge of the product, software or operating system

Guest Lars_MQ
I repeat this section of the board is supposed to be for Newbies who do not have a detailed knowledge of the product, software or operating system

Yes it is for newbies. Newbies to the DVBViewer Pro. In case you haven't noticed this is the forum of the DVBViewer Pro Software, not the skystar nor the Technisat forum.

The people here are helping because they want to and not because they're get paid for it. Normally they will help in case of problems with the Skystar installation and the technisat stuff, if the person seeking help is cooperative.

But in your case, I doubt that anybody is willing to help you and your bad attitude. To speak with your words. you managed to get the people pissed.

1.zip1.zip

Did you even read the linked information? Where are your information? Setup.xml, logmpgdecoder.txt, DVBViewer.log? The only poor thing is your attitude.

The only file in the DVBViewer te folder is the setup.ini, which I have attached, there is no setup.xml or DVBViewer.log

Where you say "You should also post the .txt-file created by the tool below. Since you can only attach a single file you should pack everything into an archive (.zip or .rar)." There is no tool!!!

Yes it is for newbies. Newbies to the DVBViewer Pro. In case you haven't noticed this is the forum of the DVBViewer Pro Software, not the skystar nor the Technisat forum.

The people here are helping because they want to and not because they're get paid for it. Normally they will help in case of problems with the Skystar installation and the technisat stuff, if the person seeking help is cooperative.

But in your case, I doubt that anybody is willing to help you and your bad attitude. To speak with your words. you managed to get the people pissed.

If you read the posts correctly you will see that it was not I who used the words pissed, and as for being in the wrong place, this is where the software took me when I clicked on help within the program. If you do not want people to come here and ask for help then don't put the link into the software.

1.zip

There is no tool!!!

Now there is. You could have used the search function, though.

Thanks for the tool, I have enclosed thr text file with the setup.ini file and also a text file produced by Nero which gives the configuration of my machine. there is still no setup.xml or DVBViewer.log

I do appreciate the help :wub: