Linux & DVBviewer

shpiritus

Hi and first sorry for bad inglish :)

I remember ther whos a year ago a linux SDK.Now i can t find this file to download.

Since the new kernels 2.6.x coming with driver and frontend modules for ss2 and sky2pc cards it s easy to set card to work.

Problem is in nice viewer.When someone using old card like sky2pc it s not easy to use programs thet have no gui and you need a remote control.

Ther is some DVBViewer looking programs like xawtv4 but its look like this xaw dont work nice.

So i wanna ask mr. Hackbart if he want to make some free version of DVBViewer for use on linux 2.6.x kernels,KDE,Kvdr and this stuff.

And something more.If is already posible to use some source version of this program pleas give me some notice.

It would be nice to use channels list in formats like channels.conf_ASTRA-RADIO channels.conf_ASTRA-TV .....etc

And ther is a simle .sh script to get this files on easy way (in attachment)

channels_dual_FTA.sh.zip

Edited by shpiritus

without knowing much about unix, the DVBViewer is very dependent on m$ directshow, so if there isn't anything like this in linux, it will be impossible...

All i ask is not to convert DVBViewer for winows to one for linux but to make gui named DVBViewer as glue for linux libs and apps

If kaffeine use xine libs why DVBViewer can t do this in future or to use mplayer dvb plugin.

Its simple but i m to old to start learning c and c++ programing language

Edited by shpiritus

well the structure of the DVBViewer is quite easy to port to another operating system. Anyhow right now we use GDI and Directshow for all visual stuff and porting this would be consume more time. Say never never, but right now other things have much higher priorities.

Christian

Guest Lars_MQ

There are no plans for DVBViewer to be ported or reprogrammed for linux.

You seem to mix up several things there.

The Linux stuff is completly different from windows stuff.

Its simple but i m to old to start learning c and c++ programing language

One is never too old to learn something new :)

Ok

But its simple and you people can make even stand alone executable with simple directory tree (like plugins and skins ..) and to use frontend module even directly without using /dev/dvb (i guess)

bye