using channel scan

pablogil

I installed a technisat cablestar 2 pci 3 days ago, but I still haven't been able to tune any channel despite I know the searching parameters and I bought and set up

DVBViewer pro yesterday:

Channels are from a cable provider in Spain

qam: 64

frecuency(Mhz.):690-828

Symbol rate:6875

step size(Mhz.):1

when I search using setup4PC ,I find 6 channels and about 20 programs

with IN LOCK (green) Lock status

but I don't know Why with the same searching parameters DVBViewer pro gets nothing

I've tried importing EPG.mdb file from C:\Program Files\TechniSat DVB\DB and once the channel list is populated

I switched type of channel to cable for every program in the edit tab and

I can see some informing progam lines running from right to left at the bottom

of the window, and program progress status ,so somehow the channel has been tuned but no image nor sound

adding the program manually with the parameters of setup4PC has the same effect

perhaps the mpeg2 codecs , I've followed carefully the intructions installing and uninstallig 4.2.11 version of TE from the cd and then installing the latest downloaded version of TE ( now without sonic error)

an then installing PRO version keeping TE.

I don't get any error message, only when I opened DVBViewer the initial window with the progress bar remained locked and didn't dissappear,this has been apparently fixed by choossing the default OSD skin in the options panel

my machine, is a dell precision worksation,XP pro up to date and latest drivers

perhaps that's not the correct way at all of adding channels .

what can I do,any help would be very appreciated

thanks

Setup.xml

MPEGDecoder.txt

DVBViewer.log

Edited by pablogil

I have edited manually CableQ64.ini and channel scan has worked inmediatelly

it's detected about 30 programs

however still many problems remain:

1- I don't understand when I get signal (green) or I don't (red)

it works erratically

2-I can see some programs and others are black , in both cases they're supposed to be free

3-in the 2 channels I see video the sound is accelerated

please somebody can help me, has it got to be so difficult?

1- I don't understand when I get signal (green) or I don't (red)

it works erratically

Try the scanner TransEdit from the Service Center, that provides additional features. The manual explains the meaning of red, yellow and green and everything else you need to know about scanning.

And, to be true: I'd like to know how the app behaves with cable, since I can't test it. :bye:

3-in the 2 channels I see video the sound is accelerated

Select a different audio decoder under Options/DirectX. Some decoders can't cope with mono.

many thanks for answering me

changing the audio codec has worked you were rigth they are mono channels

,nevertheless I've got one more question:

why I can see and hear some free channels , and I get a black window for others

like bbc world, cnn international , etc.

the point is that I can't see precisely the channels I'm interested in

many thanks

why I can see and hear some free channels , and I get a black window for others

Sorry, don't know - no experience with cable at all. Some ideas:

Does the status bar show any signal strength? See here.

If yes, did you try a different video decoder (Options/DirectX)?

You can try to find out what these channels have in common. Have a look at the Edit Tab of the channelist window. Are there "strange" values?

Open the property page of the DVBViewer Filter (View/Filters/DVBSource). What does it report? Stopped, paused, running? Are the PCR and PTS values updated continuously?

Is it possible to record these channels?

Try to reset your card by deactivating and re-activating it in the Windows device manager.

great application transEdit, Why don't you send it with DVBViewer pro

you were right some channels have

Low signal strengh , how is that possible I've got the original decoder next room and those channels can be seen perfectly on my TV.

could it be the tv card,

does anyone know how to restrengh the signal

Edited by pablogil
some channels have Low signal strengh

How low? Is there any significant difference compared to the working channels? Maybe the cable that connects your PC to the original decoder (?) is not ok. High frequencies are sometimes very delicate :bye: and do strange things. E.g. if the cable is bent too much.

some channels have Low signal strengh

How low? Is there any significant difference compared to the working channels? Maybe the cable that connects your PC to the original decoder (?) is not ok. High frequencies are sometimes very delicate ;) and do strange things. E.g. if the cable is bent too much.

I don't connect my pc card to the original decoder, I plug it directly because

I just want to watch some free channels,I coudn't anyway because it only has scart out

I'm very confused , I can't see any significant difference beetween the worrking programs and those that doesn't work, working programs all have in common the same frecuency(811 Mhz.) , and they all have mono sound and the behaviour of the signal strength bar is strange, sometimes indicates 64 to 78%, but most of the time indicates 0%, however working programs can be seen perfectly,

those channels that doesn't work indicate 0% all the time.

In the recording status window working channels have about 790 KB/s. an not working about 690 KB/s.

I thought that having cable tv instead of a satellite dish was a guarantee of good signal quality, I mean the tv in my living room works flawless and it has a much longer cable that my computer, however I can't even see BBC world in my computer

I don't Know what to do,it seems that few people have experience on cable TV

most people seem to have satellite cards, please can anybody help me?

thank you

Edited by pablogil