Dvbserver

aiwa2001

Hello!

I've had DVBViewer 3.1 for about a week now and its truly a great piece of software!

First I had the airstar card in my athlon64 pc, but network streaming required it to be online 24/7 so I decided to make a dvbserver pc from an old amd k6-2 350MHz! I wondered wheter it had power enough for the task but it seems to work really well. Atleast in unicast mode it serves two dvbviewers with 10% cpu usage so :bye:

Few suggestions for future dvbserver versions:

- Add an option for recordings to be written straight to the dvbserver pc, now my recordings are around all 4 pc's hard drives in the home network.

- Give some message for the 2nd, 3rd etc. DVBViewer that the 1st DVBViewer has locked tuner in dvbserver and you cannot tune another mux now.

- 11Mbps Wlan works as long as you don't change to channels within the same mux the current channel is. But if you do, everything gets choppy as DVBViewer seems to try to receive both channels at once. If you change to another mux, everything is ok again. Maybe some option to receive only one channel at a time would help?

Best regards!

Guest Lars_MQ
- Add an option for recordings to be written straight to the dvbserver pc, now my recordings are around all 4 pc's hard drives in the home network.

Have you tried pointing all 4 capture directories to the server via lan?

Hmm, of course this wouldn't work with 11 MBit...

Have you tried pointing all 4 capture directories to the server via lan?

Hmm, of course this wouldn't work with 11 MBit...

That would propably work, funny I didn't even think it that way... thanks! If only winxp filesharing is reliable enough this solves my problem.

But then again I need to keep also DVBViewer pc running when recording, maybe dvbserver could run by itself and store recording requests from clients?

I can always make xp's remote desktop connection to dvbserver pc for example to erase false recording programmings etc. so it would be enough if the server only stored new programmings.

Hi again!

There seems to be a little problem with unicast setting in dvbserver. I have set the max client number to 5 but it only accepts 1 connection after a reboot. If I manually set the client number to 4 or 5 again, other computers can connect and get picture. If not, clients only show up in the control section, unicast receiver part has only the first computer.

Server.xml saves the maxclients correctly and dvbserver shows it after start as 5, but somehow defaults to 1. There was another mention about this: http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...90&hl=dvbserver