Virtualdub MPEG2 & MPEG2 PS !

MhX

Well ..

I am Actually planing to get a skystar2 Video Capture card !

From The manual of this card it is sad that it captures to MPEG2 PS , MPEG2 ES , MPEG2 TS & PVA Format .

Can Anyone Explain me that ??

Is MPEG2 PS Captured with skystar2 compatible with vdub MPEG2 .. I mean .. can i process it directly in vdub MPEG2 Without any needed conversion !

Thanks in previous !

Is MPEG2 PS Captured with skystar2 compatible with vdub MPEG2 .. I mean .. can i process it directly in vdub MPEG2 Without any needed conversion !

Thanks in previous !

Yes, you can!

Even though I'd recommend to repair stream failures caused by dropped frames first.

This might be done using ProjectX or PVAStrumento (my favourite).

Dropped frames in the footage might otherwise result in A/V running out of sync.

On the other hand VirtualDub might be able to reapair the streams too - but anyway, it takes PVAStrumeno just around 3-5min for an ordinary movie.

But what kind of processing are you planning with vdub?

For cutting only Cuttermaran or MPEG2Schnitt might be a better solution as they give you the opportunity to work with the original (demultiplexed) MPEG data (no need for stream serving to export to MPEG again) and give you very accurate cutting points. The results are even better then with TMPGEnc or CCE that I used for cutting and compression of analogous footage in former times.

Afterwards you can do DVD authoring or remultiplex the .mpv and .mpa with Imago to gather a mpeg2-file.

:bye:

Thank U for The Infos .. However is it accurate to get dropped frames with skystar2 captures ??

For My Processing .. I compress captured data to AVC H.264 in order to reduce size then I burn it to CDs coz I haven't got a DVD Writer & I do not plan to get one coz they are still in heavy developpement !

Well .. To correct Something .. Yes it is called a satellite card .. Am I Right Now !?