ABOUT SCANNING

aktizol

Hi,

i have the DVBViewer Pro 3.1 and i want to ask how is the correct way to scan the satellites for new channels without loosing the old ones.

imagine that i have a channel whith low signal which i can view it in the morning but not in the evening. in case that i make a scan in the evening and that is not available i don't want the program to delete it or update just to ignore.

i mean that i want the scanning only to add new channels and not to delete old.

is it happening by default or should i make a selection in the options?

thank you.

Thanks Griga,

i have read the manual, but i'm still not sure if i check the Scan & Update tickbox if the scan will delete channels with no signal or not/.

do you know?

"Scan & Update" doesn't delete channels. It updates channel data (e.g. the PIDs if they have changed).

All channels that are recognized as "already in the list" are updated. New channels are stored in the root folder that you've specified in the dropdown list at the top.

However, if you want to be on the safe side: it's recommendable to make a backup of the file channels.dat anyway.