Love The Software But Have A Couple Of Problems

DJBenson

I've just bought the full version of DVBViewer because the TE version I got with my Cablestar2 card was far superior to any of the alternatives, so I wanted to give the pro version a try.

I've now got it setup to almost how I want it, and am almost ready to have my machine boot into XP and autoload DVBViewer for use as a PVR.

Unfortunately I have a couple of issues which need resolving first:

1) The main problem is that clicking on the record icon does not start an instant record event. Instead if I look in the schedule, there is an item for the channel I just pressed record on, with the message "Waiting" in one of the boxes (see attached screenshot).

2) Using Girder and the remote plugin is causing me a lot of grief. DVBViewer slows down every time I press a button, so scanning up and down the channel list makes the sound and picture stuttery. I've tried increasing DVBViewers priority to "High" and Girder to as low as possible but it still stutters.

I'm more interested in getting the instant record function working.

post-13171-1116446436_thumb.jpg

Guest Lars_MQ

1.) have a look at the lower right dropdownbox. you have "Only tune Channel". do you have set this as a default action in the options?

2.) which remote plugin? Do you mean the plugin for girder? or the remote control plugin (this has nothing to do with controlling the DVBViewer by a remote control).

1.) have a look at the lower right dropdownbox. you have "Only tune Channel". do you have set this as a default action in the options?

2.) which remote plugin? Do you mean the plugin for girder? or the remote control plugin (this has nothing to do with controlling the DVBViewer by a remote control).

1) Thank you and an added :) for me not realising this. You must love us n00b's ;)

2) Yes, the event plugin for Girder. I was using Girder to send keystrokes to the program but it kept hanging DVBViewer then I spotted the event plugin so I downloaded and installed that but it causes the problems listed above.

Out of interest, do those Microsoft MCE remotes on eBay work with Girder? They are supplied with a USB receiver. At the moment I'm using a serial receiver and it's a bit rubbish because it often corrupts the remote commands causing "junk" codes to appear in Girder.

Guest Lars_MQ

I don't have personally a mce remote but there were serveral people reporting that it works with a MCE plugin from www.girder.nl.

Out of interesst, what kind of cpu do you have and what rc?

I use girder also with a really cheap IR-receiver and a ordenary (also cheap) 8 in 1 remote control and I don't experience your problems. But I set my remote up to use rc5 (Phillips codes).