In dire need of a Low Diskspace Warning

aydan

Hi there,

i requested this already a while go, but nobody seemed to care about it. So here I go again:

It would be nice to have a low diskspace warning, like if there's less than 10/5/2/1 BG space you'd get a popup on program start or when the limit is broken.

• 4 weeks later...

in the next version you can build a workaround for your propose:

get the recordfolder with COM-Support, code a vb-script to test the freedisk-space. :huh:

the actual beta together with a vbscript called "TimerManager Pro" ;) lets me write a priority-sign into the timer-description, which allows you/the script to delete automatically old (or low-priority) recordings on new-record-start if there isn't enaugh free disk-space. This has to be tested, of course but ITM I record several news-events a day and they get kicked while recording a (high-priority) movie (w00t)

Edited by admi-ral
which allows you/the script to delete automatically old (or low-priority) recordings on new-record-start if there isn't enaugh free disk-space

Wow, cool stuff that idea is...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like this very much. I'd prefer a message that says you have only so much disk space left. I'm no friend of things just deleting stuff.

well, you don't have to use it :)

when or where Do you want this message? At Program-Start, at record-start? Maybe you can make some logical suggestion concerning this stuff :)

I'd like one on startup telling me how much diskspace really is there, and several thresholds, say 20/10/5/2/1 GB, where the message pops upand stays up until you acknowledge it. this message shoul also pop up on startup if one of the thresholds is broken.

activate the script-feature

there's a start.vbs in the attached zip-file; these values in the header have to be adjusted to your system and need ;)

const dvbviewerpath = "C:\Programme\DVBViewer32\"
const cli = " -c" 'commandline for dvbviewerstart
const time2wait = 15000

this small script just compares the free diskspace with your upcoming timers. Anotherone that does the things you'd like *may* be consider-worth :)

originally this script was in german only, i translated the important things and hope that all is more or less correct :). if not, you can correct the things by yourself :D

start.zip