Recording problems

Hi guys, it's been a while since I last asked for help so I hope you will help me this time again. I was not able to solve the issue through reading the manuals, FAQs, forum etc. neither by trying so actually you are my last hope.

I have switched finally from the 2.3 RC1 - which I have been using to nearly full satisfaction - to 3.1 and am a bit lost with (scheduled) recording.

The major issue is that yet again it happens that only one programme is recorded and the next does not appear in the Windows Task Scheduler.

Next to that - I have the *.ts format selected for recording and prefer to use VR Plugin for all scheduled recordings (it gives me the log where instantly I can see if there were any stream errors - log file of 44 kb means there are none so I do not have to care for the ProjectX log after demux so much, besides the VR allows recording of multiple programmes, so I simlpy prefer it to the built in recording in DVBV).

But when I start instant recording in DVBV, it immediatelly starts the VR Plugin and when I want to stop recording, I have to do it in both - VR Plugin as well as DVBV. In other words - when I click stop in VR Plugin, the recording in DVBV main application goes on and vice versa. The same happens with scheduled recordings - I have to stop them both in VR Plugin as well as in the Record Settings window. Besides: when I first stop it in VR Plugin and close the VR Plugin, it immediately pops up again and continues recording. So I have to stop the recording in the DVBV Record Settings window and only after that in the VR Plugin. That is really annoying and even I believe I have set something wrong, I am unable to find out what that is...

And one final minor remark: I found the option to disable video when DVBV is minimized very useful, since it preserves some system resources when I am currently not watching but only listening to a programme. I can't find this option in version 3.1 - does it mean it is not there or am I only helpless?

The files which might help are enclosed.

Thanks a lot for any hint.

TNT_Settings.zip

If you want to do a lot of recording with the VRPlugin, DVBViewer GE may be useful for you. It doesn't provide the elaborate OSD of DVBViewer Pro, but cooperates well with the VRPlugin. It can be installed additionally. Just use it for recording....

Dear Griga, thanks a lot for the reply - I was thinking of it since I do not really care about the glossy features of DVBV 3.1, the performance is what counts.

I'll install it later on, since there are some recordings in progress now but let me have two questions though:

1. Does the GE version work with DVB Task Scheduler? I don't remember it mentioned in the description or manual but presume it does.

2. Will I have to program all scheduled recordings manually or is the format for keeping scheduled recordings in GE similar (or same) as in the 3.1? Actually I have done some "copy and paste" while transfering these from DVBV 2.3's "Setup.ini" into the 3.1's "timers.xlm" but that that felt a bit "wacky"...

OK, thank once more, I will definitely read the instructions once the GE is installed, reading it without the possibility to try what's described does not work for me that much... <_<

OK, I've tried and so far so good! The only problem I got was the VR Plugin not switching the channels accordingly to the TV stations set in Scheduler - but I've realized I've used some older version of the VR Plugin (from January) by mistake, so I changed it for the current one and since that moment it works great.

So thanks Griga once more, the tools of yours fully meet my needs!

Just a little question (the last one I promise): do you consider integrating the VR plugin as the main recording tool into the GE edition? It would be just great if it was possible to select more TV stations from one transponder for simultaneous recording already in the Scheduler...

It would be just great if it was possible to select more TV stations from one transponder for simultaneous recording already in the Scheduler...

Get the VRPlugin manual and read this.

Geee, I am really stupid... Sorry for that, last time I read the manual was nearly a year ago and I think by that time it was not there or I did not consider it so important to remember. That is just fabulous! Thanx, thanx, thanx!!!