Audio sync problems

mbannert

Hi,

whenever i try to convert a pva-fil recorded with the DVBViewer (198r8), the resulting SVCD goes totally out of sync ,

I am using dvd2svcd for conversion and WinDVD 3.0 to view the resulting file.

Any tipps for me ?

Here on my pc it works fantastic. But you can make following. Open stream in pvacut and add it with less than one picture / frame and save it. Than convert it witch DVD2SVCD. Maybe thats helps.

On an other thread a user wrote this helps.

cheers

Steffen

Yes, i tried that.

It helped .... audio video is in sync, but the video is very choppy now...

looks like i shall try the newest DVBViewer version when there is some intersting stuff on TV worth recording...

... hope i do not need to wait until eastern :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Try out the new version, 1.98R15 or so.

I used to have a lot of problems with "audio out of sync" but recently it´s been much better -- almost perfect, most of the time, unless there were some major problems while recording the PVA. (Bad reception with a lot o errors or too many other progs running and then sometimes the recording messes up a bit and the sound goes out of sync when processing later, it seems, because here are audio or video packages missing.

I use:

DVBViewer or PVR_tool -> PVAcut -> DVD2SVCD -> nero -> SVCD

or for a fast "raw" copy on CD

DVBViewer or PVR_tool -> PVAcut -> PVAstrumento (to mpeg2) -> nero -> SVCD

the second option gives me a fairly good result on my Cyberhome but often sound sync problems on my Welltech.

Some times the stand-alone DVD players handle SVCDs not so well.

Cheers, Henk

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh* no success

I followed plubsi`s instructions and used a new DVBViewer release (198r18).

Nevertheless, the audio is horribly out of sync, and the video is choppy.

But i am convinced that dvd2svcd is making really good svcds as i used it with several DVDs before...

and i am quite sure my dvd-player (Daytek 707) plays almost everything without problems...

So the last chance might be that may computer is not fast enough to record the dvb stream continuously.

Its a 900 MHz Athlon with 100 MHz RAM.