black screen

dirk4000

Hello,

I have following problem:

When I start DVBViewer 3.1 a black screen with osd info appears and sound is being played. After a few seconds the osd info disappears and the picture gets dark.

Cause of the fact that DVBViewer GE did not behave faulty (channel is being displayed) I wanted to narrow the reason of this behavior.

If you rename the file OSDSkins\Default\myhome.xml to OSDSkins\Default\_myhome.xml the problem (black screen) disappears(*).

If you change the highlighted number (s. attachment) to 1003 the problem also disappears(*).

(*) but no osd info (channel logo, epg info) is being displayed

Do you have any ideas ?

Kind regards,

Dirk

attachment:

<control>

<description>template for button</description>

<type>button</type>

<id>1001</id>

<posX>75</posX>

<posY>202</posY>

<width>180</width>

<height>32</height>

<visible>false</visible>

<hyperlink>500</hyperlink>

<TextOffsetX>10</TextOffsetX>

<subcontrols>

<control>

<description>imgfocus</description>

<type>Image</type>

<texture>list_sub_focus.png</texture>

</control>

<control>

<description>imgnofocus</description>

<type>Image</type>

<texture>-</texture>

</control>

<control>

<description>buttonlabel</description>

<type>Label</type>

<font>font16</font>

</control>

</subcontrols>

</control>

post-14026-1119805802_thumb.jpg

post-14026-1119805816_thumb.jpg

Guest Lars_MQ

No the problem doesn't disapear. You simply cause the osd to do an emergency shutdown and disable itself by changing the ID of the homewindow. The problem lies somewhere else.

Which renderer do you use (unchanged, vmr, overlay). Did you try other videocodecs? (Options -> DirectX).

Oh yeah, I strongly recoment to undo the changes to the skin before testing. If you want to disable the OSD simply use the options :bye:

Thank you for your response.

If have two codecs Sonic Cinemaster DS Decoder and Cyberlink Video SP Decoder.

I tried all combinations of codec (Sonic, Cyberlink) and video output (unchanged, overlay, wm7, wm9), nothing did help.

Are there logfiles I could examine ?

Finally I want to say that your software is very good in spite of this problem.

(Disabling of osd menu does really solve the problem.)

Final Question:

I have an 1333 Mhz Athlon, 1.5 GB, Airstar 2 (XP SP2), Matrox G550 and get 25 fps at CPU-Usage: 80 % (window mode, normal size).

If I enlarge the dvdviewer window the Cpu-Usage increases up to 100% and frames are being lost, if I shrink the window the Cpu-Usage decreases down to 15%.

Is this behavior normal ?

(

Is there a problem with my card.

Do you know how can I narrow down the issue ?

)

Guest Lars_MQ

That's not a problem with your skystar.

Most likely it's a problem with the Matrox graphicscard. It's, well, a little bit outdated and (having had a quite similar matrox g450 myself) sometimes a little bit difficult when it comes to video/directshow/directX9. :bye:

do you use a dual monitor solution?

As for the CPU usage: Try enabling the hardware acceleration in the videocodecs. The Cyberlink can be enabled in the Cyberlink PowerDVD-App/settings/Video. Be aware that Cyberlink prior Version 6 only supports Overlay, no VMR.