Hide the system tray icon

vertigo

Hi all, i have set DVBViewer 3.1 so that it shows only in the system tray. through windows, you can choose which tray icons you want to hide or show, by right-clicking the taskbar, click 'properties', then next to "hide inactive icons", click "customize". i have set DVBViewer to "always hide", so that it doesnt show until i click the little arrow. however, that only works temporarily, and it shows the icon sometimes when i restart DVBViewer. any ideas on how to make it "always hide"?

Edited by vertigo

DVBViewer is the only app which i have encountered this on... i believe it doesn't work with DVBViewer because the icon has a different 'title', which changes when you change the channel. for example, when you witch to channel "seven", the tray icon identifies itself as "seven". when you switch to channel "nine", windows no longer sees it as "seven", so you have to manually change it to "always hide"...

could this possibly be fixed in the next update?

Edited by vertigo

In DVBViewerGE you see as title of the tray icon the title of viewed telecast.

i believe it doesn't work with DVBViewer because the icon has a different 'title',

That's correct.

could this possibly be fixed in the next update?

Well, not without abandoning the icon's tooltip displaying the current channel or the title of the current broadcast (from EPG) or the filename of the current video... I'm sure some people would miss it.

For some strange reason the icon has to be completely re-set whenever the tooltip changes. Maybe there's some kind of work-around, dunno... would require lengthy researches.

So there is nothing to "fix" (except for Microsoft, perhaps).

Maybe you want to look for a workaround for your prob:

Try tools like "icon corral", maybe they work better than the implemented M$-tool.

> I'm sure some people would miss it.

Me too.