DVB 3.1 No video or audio

Parrothead

Windows XPPro, SP2, v.2055

Dell Dimension

Intel P4 2.8GHz (Hyperthreaded)

512MB RAM

SkyStar2 PCI driver 4.2.10.9999

128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 driver 6.14.1.6297

I am new here and have spent 2 days digging through the sometimes helpful forum entries. My problem is that since I upgraded from 2.2TE to 3.1Pro I get no picture or sound anymore. (I had also since uninstalled 2.2TE). I have also tried the GE version with similar results.

All worked well while using the older freeware but since then all is just black. Initially I had to deactivate the OSD as this caused DVB to crash on startup.

Additionally, I unregistered the Nero drivers as this was noted in another thread, and have tried numerous combinations of directX decoder options, still no progress.

I have attached the requested files. Looking for help, please.

AM

-- Added at 21:10

to be clear, the display is not only black. The channel display (EPG?) splashes at the bottom and the channel name at the top before it goes black.

AM

osd.zip

Edited by Parrothead

Midnight update. I added the AC3 codec and since installed current drivers for my graphic card. Took a few reboots but now I have a picture and OCD again. Oh yes, sound too! :( I cannot get the GE to work yet. I will keep trying here.

Thought I should let you know. Selbst ist der man.

AM

2 more hours and it's time for bed.

Here the status:

- many channels, most? work just fine.

- others, DSF, CNN, BBC World show up using 60% of the window from the left

- other of the same Euronews and the first mentioned are just fine

- Eurosport is totally dark and without sound.

The last is my most frustrating in July as I am a Tour de France fan. This channels was working fine at my last post. Only once since then I rebooted. No other install or changes since. (never touch a running system).

Any ideas out there? :(

AM

Guest Lars_MQ
- others, DSF, CNN, BBC World show up using 60% of the window from the left

That sounds like a mpeg-decoder problem. The Elecard codec does this a lot with channels which transmit in a lower horizontal resolution.

Try maybe the cyberlink decoder. BTW your mpeg decoder list looks quite, uhm, let's say mixed :( Did you install a codec pack? This is the best way to ruin your Windows installation.

The euronews problem: Did you try a update channelscan?

Try maybe the cyberlink decoder. BTW your mpeg decoder list looks quite, uhm, let's say mixed ;) Did you install a codec pack? This is the best way to ruin your Windows installation.

Humh, codec pack? Nope, not that I ever remember. I did think about your comment and had a google around on some of those installed. Found that the Ligos set of codecs had been installed by an earlier installation of Showshifter. Long since uninstalled but the codecs were still there. Used RadLight to unregister and BANG all appears to work.

But what still bothers me, this has taken 2 days to move from the 2.2 to 3.1pro version. I had been using the previous version without problems for almost a year. I expected an easier upgrade path. Had I known that this would take this long I may have delayed my choice to upgrade. Don't get me wrong here, I am really pleased with this software. And I plan on working more with this, but maybe some more information to its requirements could be helpful. :(

AM

Guest Lars_MQ

I can understand your complaining. But thats something you can't blame the DVBViewer for. The DVBViewer operates absolutely within the bounds of Microsoft Directshow.

If there are other programs or parts of programs that don't play by the rules there is nothing the DVBViewer can do. Directshow is a beast :(

but maybe some more information to its requirements could be helpful.

Link

Yeah, thanks. I have read it all 3 times now. But I must still say that I am really having trouble with your SW. I have disables all kinds of codecs from which I never knew I had, I have rebooted so many times that I can not count any more and I have tried all the different "tips" you have spewed. TE, or Pro or GE man I can not care any more. All I expect is a SW which display my video feed and allows me to record such. This SW does not do it for me.

At times I can start 3.1pro with out problems then the next time...nothing works. Then I try GE, wow it works with its limited functionality (I paid good money for more than this).

One time a year I want to simply record some TV from ZDF or Eurosport and I cannot really be interested in some Windows problems. If that is all you have to offer then I feel sorry. You'll never break into the big leagues.

I will not spend another weekend loading crap and reloading the same until things suddenly "work". I am sure on your development or labs machines all works well. Heck I work during my day job with the same kind of people as you. " all works here, what's your problem?" But our there in the "real" world people have different setups and different Codecs. I had the question earlier, "do you have some CODEC pack installed?" WELL NO! This is the real world. Make your SW work for us.

I know I will attrack some attention with this, but I am pissed at all the work and it STILL DOES NOT WORK!

AM

Guest Oliver

I know you don't want to hear this but you should consider re-installing Windows or at least the complete DirectX sub-system.

I am sure on your development or labs machines all works well.

Not only on lab machines. The software works without problems for thousands of customers.

You could also install a newer driver, 4.3.0 for example.