More Twinhan DVB-C Problems with DVBViewer 3.1.2

Good news: The channel scan finally works with 3.1.2.(After I created a transporter file of my own, the scan input still neglect if I input my own frequencys & freq. steps) (So two months after I bought the software I had the chance to test it). This is also only software tested this far that seems to work with Finnish TV DVB subtitles ... and possibly record them as well using TSRecorder plugin.

Bad news:

Most of the times the program refuses to show video / audio, I'll have to restart DVBViever several times and / or try to view channels first with Twinhan software. After the first successful scan and restarting the program it tried to show me some German channels when I tried my already stored favourite channels ... BTW took me 3 or 4 times to get the favourite list saved without a crash.

I first tried with Twinhan 2.604 soft & drivers installed and just upgraded my DVBViewer. After ~10 crashes I uninstalled DVBViewer, removed all the files from /ProgramFiles/DVBViewer folder and reinstalled the software -> couldn't find any channels and noticed Twinhan DTV wasn't working anymore ->

Uninstalled Twinhan soft, installed 2.605 version. No changes, most of the times I start the program I can't get any video / audio output (I still get EPG info what's playing right now)... I have played quite a lot with different options of mpeg decoder settings etc. I tried to record something with TSPlugin after I finally got something playing (several hours of attempt, that has to be done every time), but the probram chrashed after about 5 minutes of recording.

There seems to be different success stories about DVBViewer & Twinhan cards, but I don't think my card will ever work with the software I bought for it

BTW: After one of the crashes I've experienced today there's a "check box" from the filters menu, MPEG Audio decoder, hanging on my screen, no matter what I do (haven't rebooted yet, as I have a lot processes running.

post-12749-1121376732_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
There seems to be different success stories about DVBViewer  & Twinhan cards, but I don't think my card will ever work with the software I bought for it

I take my words (happily) back! Everythings seems to work as expected with the newest (20.7.2005) release and I'm finally able to use this great software.

There's still one minor problem: sometimes when I lauch the software I don't get any video (It's not a decoder problem, DVBSource filter claims video is 704x576 25 fps AND 0,0 Mbit/s), so I might have to restart DVBViewer for a few times to get the video too. This makes using task scheduler very unreliable (haven't dared to actually try it yet).