myxmltv

bdurren

Since I upgrade to DVBViewer 3.1.2, the epg.dat file generated by myxmltv tool isn't used by the soft anymore... :-(

Am I alone in this case ?

Guest Lars_MQ

That's right.

It doen't work with the new version because of the updated epg.dat format. I have to update the myxmltv and haven't found the time up to now. :bounce:

Thx for the fast answer... Same problem for the timeline tool, I think. Is it too much to ask an approximate relase date of an update ? :bounce:

Guest Lars_MQ

Uhm hard to say...

What about now? :(

I've updated the xmltv tool in the membersarea. Please test it :bounce:

Important: To update the epg-data the DVBViewer must be running.

I know it's the other way round compared to the last release but that's the way it works now. But it should be way faster than the old release so I think it's not that bad :idiot:

lars

Wow ! That's what I call after-sales service ! :bounce:

Ok i've tested it.

It is really faster indeed. The timeline seems to be ok. Popup EPG info too.

I will test it more deeply this week.

Thank you very much, it's a great present for me (it's my birthday today !)

After a 20Mb xml file ingest and a week of intensive tests, all seems to be ok EXCEPT the epg popup after a channel change: sometimes there's no data displayed at all and sometimes the correct info are displayed during 2 seconds, and then the data disappear. Another little thing: the temporary epg file created during import is not deleted.

Keep on the good work. I've tested so much dvb software: DVBViewer is from very far the best and the most stable !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I used myxmltv in France with version 3.1 of DVBViewer. It worked very fine. I updated epg.dat every 4 or 5 days.

With the last versions of DVBViewer and myxmltv the update of epg is working fine only during the actual session of DVBViewer.

I see a file epg.tmp of 5000 ko but the file epg.dat stay empty at 7 ko .

After starting again, every informations of epg are lost. and i must use myxmlyv after each start of DVBViewer.

Sorry for my poor english. Felicitations for DVBViewer, the best program for TV SAT and HTPC i have tested since 1 year.

Hi

First thanks for a great utility. I'm trying myxmltv with the output from xmltv 0.5.40a with tv_grab_uk_rt and DVBViewer 3.2.1.

I have aligned the xmltv and DBViewer channel names successfully and then tapped Import.

It shows progress in the dialog pane but unfortunatelty it doesnt create an epg.dat file (although it says it is processing etc.) and nothing shows up in the EPG option in DVBViewer. It does create an epg.tmp file - but it only has a few bytes in it.

Is there a known problem - or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards

Steve.

Hi

First thanks for a  great utility. I'm trying myxmltv with the output from xmltv 0.5.40a with tv_grab_uk_rt and DVBViewer 3.2.1.

I have aligned the xmltv and DBViewer channel names successfully and then tapped Import.

It shows progress in the dialog pane but unfortunatelty it doesnt create an epg.dat file (although it says it is processing etc.) and nothing shows up in the EPG option in DVBViewer. It does create an epg.tmp file - but it only has a few bytes in it.

Is there a known problem - or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards

Steve.

Some more info on this. The problem was caused by using channel.dat created by importing an sdx file.

I was importing the channel list for the Astra 2 satellites using an sdx file. (http://www.satcodx2.com/). I deleted these and used the scan option to scan for the stations on this satellite - and then associating the new channel.dat file in myxmltv - and then the import worked fine and I get an EPG view - hurrah.

So the bug is that format of the channel.dat file created by an sdx file import is not compatible with myxmltv - is there anyway of fixing/working round this? The channel scan doesnt come up with the correct names for the channels like the sdx file does. e.g I cant see BBC Four with the Scan but I can with the sdx file.

Hello,

I used myxmltv in France with version 3.1 of DVBViewer. It worked very fine. I updated epg.dat every 4 or 5 days.

With the last versions of DVBViewer and myxmltv the update of epg is working fine only during the actual session of DVBViewer.

I see a file epg.tmp of 5000 ko but the file epg.dat stay empty at 7 ko .

After starting again, every informations of epg are lost. and i must use myxmlyv after each start of DVBViewer.

Sorry for my poor english. Felicitations for DVBViewer, the best program for TV SAT and HTPC i have tested since 1 year.

I do have the same problem. an empty epg.dat (well, 22 bytes big), a big epg.tmp file - but the necessity to run myxmltv every time I start DVBViewer again as otherwise data is lost.

Also, timeline / program works, but EPG popup (hitting enter while watching a channel) shows nothing.

I also figured out that I had to uncheck the "retrieve EPG data" otherwise at some point all the EPG is reverted to just the DVB-EPG.

Edited by zeflash
  • 2 weeks later...

Any news about this? the fact that the data is lost at each restart of the app pretty much kills the whole purpose of having a 7-days EPG.

Any chance this might be looked into?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

just i have try to use the myxmltv-progi. But always i get only datas for some channels.

I use the version 3.2.3 of DVBViewer and the datas von clickfinder via tvmovie2xmltv.

Anybody has a idea for this problem?

• 3 months later...
I cant see BBC Four with the Scan but I can with the sdx file.

it depends on the time of day you scan. during the day you'll see BBC TES 3, but after 2000 GMT you'll see both BBC THREE & BBC FOUR.

Edited by mrr19121970
  • 9 months later...

An annoying bug: seems that whenever the channel order changes in the epg.xml file, I have to delete channels.xml & reassign all channels.

I really wish there would be an update on that proggy :bye:

It's really important to have a valid EPG and yet development on this has stopped for more than a year.

If it's a matter of time, just release the sources so that someone can pick up the development.

Edited by zeflash