DVBViewer 3.2.1 out

Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

Some of you surely noticed it cause the DVBViewer told you so on startup. Christian released Version 3.2.1.

This version is a bugfix release no new feature in there.

Fixes:

- version number is now correct

- EPG-Window - every channel was named "E4+1 (NAR)"

- OSDskin initialising problem (cures also the scheduler problem)

- Weatherpage Red button only works after a move

- Resume of DVD playback didn't work correctly

- Default for instant recordings set to 23:59 h . Please check in the options.

- Fix for standstill of DVBViewer after serveral tuned channels.

- Fix channellist sometimes wasn't saved.

- Afterrecord action was executed although a second recording was running.

Have fun

Lars

what about the lock effect when timeshift is active and a transponderswitch is scheduled? I've had it twice already. Since it's possible that timeshift gets activated after the DVBV was in slumbermode you'd have to deactivate automatic timeshift as a workaround.

What about Options/ Recorder/ Timeshift/ Display warning on channel change if timeshift is enabled?

Does unticking it solve the problem? It should stop timeshift without a warning, if DVBViewer switches channel due to a scheduled recording. Here it does, without any lock.

the thing is that 3.1 didn't care about this. I like to have the warning in place in case i accidentally try to switch the channel while timeshifting.

the thing is that 3.1 didn't care about this.

Well, I tried it with 3.1. It did care. Stopped timeshift, started recording.

Anyway, thanks for the hint. ;) I wasn't aware of this issue, and didn't handle it in DVBViewer GE up to now. I think I'll simply give scheduled recordings a higher priority than timeshift.

hi, new version doesnt remember Scheduled recordings here, when I exit DVBViewer 53 bytes file timers.xml is always saved.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings/>

when i run it with my old timers.xml nothing is shown in Record Settings... and above timers.xml is overwrites old .xml when I exit, no matter what i add, remove etc..

any idea where whats wrong? ;)

Edit: It seems it saves timers.xml right (??), but it gets overwritten with next start and exit of DVBViewer.

EDIT2: Hmz fixed... It does only when Airstar (compatible) was selected as current device, with Flexcop based cards selected works fine. goodie ;)

So my question is whats the different between those two devices? I have Airstar 2 PCI. thx

Edited by jakub
Guest Lars_MQ
EDIT2: Hmz fixed... It does only when Airstar (compatible) was selected as current device, with Flexcop based cards selected works fine. goodie

So my question is whats the different between those two devices? I have Airstar 2 PCI. thx

The (compatible) device is for the new 64 bit drivers. Normally you should stay with the Flexcorp based cards.

One word of warning:

Please do not download the Version 3.2.1 for now.

The seems to be a hard to reproduce error in the new EPG-Parser.Griga and Christian are working on it and there will be a fix today.

Guest Lars_MQ
Well, I tried it with 3.1. It did care. Stopped timeshift, started recording.

In fact it only stops timeshift if the recording is on another transponder.

I removed the warning for timeshift in case a scheduled recording tries to switch the transponder. So you get warned if you're timeshifting and try to switch (in case you enabled the warning), but if a recording does start on another transponder the timeshifting will be stopped without warning.

Guest Lars_MQ
Please do not download the Version 3.2.1 for now.

The seems to be a hard to reproduce error in the new EPG-Parser.Griga and Christian are working on it and there will be a fix today.

The updated Version (V 3.2.1.190) is available for download.

BUG ALERT

OK, hit me, i found another bug in 3.2.1.190. ;)

After record action kicks in while other recording is running. With popup and everything. Clicking abort will leave the other recording running. Didn't try not clicking abort though.

Recordings:

P7 15:40-15:50

P7 15:43-16:00

edit:

and another one

I was listening to Jump when th timer for K1 kicked in. Timeshift got activated and on opening the recording file the recording would abort.(happend before with 3.1.2/3.2.0 also)

Edited by aydan
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

EPG is no longer for me working in DVBViewer 3.2.1 ( I previously had 3.0). It shows no channel names or times.

Is this a known bug. Is there a fix/workaround?

Best regards

Steve.