DVBViewer 3.2.1 and Windows 2003 Problem

Hi,

I have installed DVBViewer 3.2.1 on a fresh Windows 2003 box and then observed the following strange behavoir :

The first time I launch the Viewer, everything works perfectly.

Then I close the viewer. When I start it again, nothing happens but in the Event Viewer I see :

Faulting application DVBViewer.exe, version 3.2.1.190, faulting module DVBViewer.exe, version 3.2.1.190, fault address 0x000044d6.

If I log off and log in again, I see finally the "DVBViewer.exe encoutered a problem ..." but still can't start DVBViewer again.

If I restart Windows, then it will work again for the first run, but the second (or more) will result in the above error message.

The same thing happens with the DVBServer. It starts perfectly for the first run and I can unicast for exemple to a XP SP2 box (where I have no problems at all : I can start the Viewer as often I want without havine to restart XP)

Then : if I close the server, then start it again, same sanction:

Faulting application DVBServer.exe, version 3.0.1.19, faulting module DVBServer.exe, version 3.0.1.19, fault address 0x00003346.

Does somebody else have this problem ?

By the way, I do *not* experience this with the GE version which works just well on W2K3.

Thank you for any help,

Marie

PS I joined the files Server.xml, Setup.xml and windowdef.xml.

The logfile osderror.log gives the following information :

24.07.2005 23:29:20 WindowsInit Could not init the Window: The Weatherwindow

The logfile osd.log says

24.07.2005 23:29:20 LoadWindowDefs Loading WindowDefFile: C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\windowdef.xml

Server.xml

Setup.xml

windowdef.xml

please have a look in taskmanager. If DVBViewer dont start an other instance of DVBViewer.exe is running. Kill this in Taskmanager and DVBViewer should start.

Same Problem hit's me.

First start of 3.2.1 after a clean install works ... then i switched back to 3.1.0 (for testing only).

After that i installed the new 3.2.1 in an NEW direcory - result 3.1.0 runs without any problem while 3.2.1 does not start.

Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung DVBViewer.exe, Version 3.2.1.190, fehlgeschlagenes Modul DVBViewer.exe, Version 3.2.1.190, Fehleradresse 0x000044d6.

But in my case the dvbserver.exe from the new 3.2.1 runs also without any problems.

well try to erase the windowdef.xml and you should keep in mind the osd skin has been changed and a couple of other things :D

Christian

• 1 month later...

Hi,

now i have done a clean update (uninstall + install) to Version 3.2.3 ... but still the same problem.

1. double click on DVBViewer.exe

2. it appears in the taskmanger for 0.5 sec

3. it disappears from taskmanger

The only thing i get is in the Eventlog:

"Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung DVBViewer.exe, Version 3.2.3.899, fehlgeschlagenes Modul DVBViewer.exe, Version 3.2.3.899, Fehleradresse 0x0000452a."

I didn't changed anything in this machine - any suggestions ???

Thanks.

DrWatson.txt