V3.2.1 not saving new channel list

Filip

Running Windows XP Home Edition with SP2, SkyStar 2 PCI and just installed the DVBViewer PRO V3.2.1; The software installation went without problems.

The Channellist comes pre-loaded with Astra 19E and Hotbird 13E transponders.

I'm scanning ASTRA 2D and so long as the DVBViewer is running I can access its transponders (video and audio). The entry is visible under Channels in the channellist tab. However, when I close down and re-start the DVBViewer this entry has disappeared (it appears not to be saved). This mechanism worked OK under the old DVBViewer TE version. Can anyone advise?

It appears there was another file CHANNELS.DAT, possibly left-over from the TE version. I deleted this file as well as the CHANNELS.DAT of V3.2.1, re-scanned the transponder list and exited the program. The list was saved OK and available when the DVBViewer was re-started.

Thanks for quick response.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Installed v3.2.1 Renamed chanels.dat and scanned, but when I open v3.2.1 again there is no channels and in the program-folder there is no channeles.dat When scanning I did: selected channel scan. In root: Astra and then scan. When finish clicked on OK. I can view the FTA channels, but when I close the prog, no channels.dat file is created (Have also read the other thread mention abouve). Any sugestion what I am doing wrong.

rgds

Edited by k1509

Well I read the linked post that Griga gave. The safest way to keep your folder structure in the channellist is to export it and reimport it when you lose any changes you made. It is annoying :wub: . Even after reinstalling Technisat DVB and DVBViewer Pro it still doesn't always save all the changes made on the channellist. Well I guess using the Import/Export feature is the safest until this bug is fixed in a future version.

:wacko: