Problems making DVD of recorded streams

Anansanity

I'm having a problem trying to make DVDs of files ive recorded from my satellite TV card & don't know whats gone wrong. Any help/advise is most appreciated.

Here's my scenario :

For some time ,i've been using Nero & Pinnacle studio 9 for authoring my DV films to disc, with no problems.Recently i got a sat tv card (Skystar2) installed along with DVBViewer software. I wanted to record concerts from sat Tv & then make dvds using Pinnacle studio.

The first show i recorded authored just fine.

There were some other,encrypted, stations i wanted to recieve so i downloaded "ProgDVB" software & the necessary files to decode the encrypted stations.I next recorded a show using ProgDVB & attempted to make a DVD of that. This is where the problems start.

Everything looked fine in Studio & i left it to burn. Upon playback, the disc had only recorded approx 11minutes of a 45min show.Thought maybe a duff disc,so made another copy & got same result.Really couldnt think what had gone wrong. I wondered if it could be anything due to not having enough disk space. So i transfered a few files to a DVD-RW disc even though i didnt think it was due to lack of space (i have 98Gig free).

Tried making DVD film again & got same result with a short disc.

My next thought was maybe the problem is the file recorded by ProgDVB is the problem. So as a test,i recorded another file using my original DVB software to see if that still worked.

Placed file in Pinnacle Studio & left to burn.During the rendering process it failed & i got this message :

" Failed to compile a video file.Video stream contains unexpected data in front of sequence header"

Any ideas what this means & how to put it right?

My dvd drive will still COPY dvds no problem,so i dont think the drive is the problem.

It seems to be a software problem,but, which one?

Could it be that DVBViewer & ProgDVB do not "get along together" when both are installed & thats where the problem stems from? (Before installing 2nd software i did ask in a forum & was told its ok to have both as long as dont try using both at same time)