Editing Recorded Movies With Adobe Premiere

rpg

Hi ppl,

I tried to open a recorded movie with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 but somehow its not possible.

Premiere says something like that the File uses a not supported Audiorate, or something.

The reason why i am posting this is, i search for Codecs, to solve that problem, i dont know what codecs these recorded videos use, would be cool if someone could help me,

because i really need Premiere, i use it to edit all my videos.

Maybe anyone here uses Premiere to edit them, too. Please help me :S

i cant find another program like premiere.

And btw. i cant watch the recorded files with Windows Media Player or VideoLan Player.

Only Power DVD and DVBViewer can open them.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

The format in which DVBViewer records is mpeg2 and premiere has to support this by own (mpeg2) codecs or these which are in your system. Afaik apps like premiere re-render the whole movie after cutting and editing them, this isn't a plus regarding the quality of course.

Maybe you try the opensource applications ProjectX and Cuttermaran.

Regard that most of the mpeg2-codecs come in your system with dvd-apps and therefor are licensed by their developers (Intervideo, Cyberlink,...) :wacko: