Dvbviewer eats up virtual memory (page file)

k1000

Hello,

First of all I want to thank the developpers of DVBViewer for their great app. I really enjoy it. I have a Skystar 2-TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star PCI with driver ver. 4.3.0 on my 2.4Ghz Pentium-4 under Windows XP Pro. Unfortunately I experience problems with DVBViewer and virtual memory. DVBViewer V3.1.0 eats up my virtual memory - it adds nearly a 1mb every second until it reaches the max value determined by windows and asks me to free up some memory. The program slows down in time until it crashes. I let the windows system manage my page file size.

I starts to eat up memory even without selecting a channel and thus without decoding anything - i presume - and not using any resources (CPU usage is normal by the way). I haven't got any clue what could be the problem. I have Directx-9c. One thing I noticed though is that Directshow Video Output is always in Overlay Mixer. Even after selecting VMR7 or VMR9 it always jumps back to Overlay Mixer once I restart DVBViewer. Maybe I have a problem with my decoder priority ? The video and audio decoder settings are on Auto and setting to a specific decoder doesn't change this behaviour.

You'll find a summary of my system attached.

Thank you very much for any help.

system_summary.txt

DxDiag.txt

DVBViewer.log

Setup.xml

MPEGDecoder.txt

Guest Oliver

Your setup.xml is seemingly damaged. Delete it in the DVBViewer folder and start the DVBViewer.

There has been a small memory leak in previous releases but that resulted only in some kbytes in several hours. The current version 3.2.1 shouldn't show such behaviour. Did you try the latest release?

I deleted the setup.xml file and it seems to work. Great! I'll watch the behaviour the next few days. It now remembers previous settings as well.

I'll try the upgrade as well. Thanks!