How to record from one computer to another... ?

tisurame

Since I don't have much disk space on the computer that my Skystar2 is installed, I would like to connected this computer to another computer (with enough space) through a network...and record directly to this other computer.

I tried to select as my recording folder, a shared folder on this network, but it didnt worked.

Anyone please know how I could do something like that ?

Thanks.

do you use DVBViewer TE or DVBViewer PRO?

DVBViewer PRO is able so stream the TV-Signal via LAN so you could directly record on your "enaugh-space-machine" if the "record-on-shard-folder-thing" doesn't work :dr_evil:

I tried to select as my recording folder, a shared folder on this network, but it didnt work.

Be sure to auto-mount this folder on startup.

Be sure to have write-privileges in this folder.

Still not working...

I tried with a new Windows XP installation, using Windows 2000 etc...

When I select to record, the file dont appear in the other computer. But the network is working, since I can copy and delete files through this computer, and share the internet.

you have to share this folder . Now you have to mount this folder as a shared network drive (maybe drive Z: )in the pc where the card is.

In options you have to set this drive ( Z: ) as capture directory.

This will work !!! I tried it and it works without problems.