DVBViewer 3.2.1 video freezes

bkausbk

Im testing DVBViewer for 2 months now. Im satisfied with it so far, but there is an anoying bug.

Especially after heavy system load DVBViewer stops rendering video i.e. black screen. But also in conjunction with Timeshift, after 1-2 times I paused and then restarted DVBViewer will stop to render video.

Sometimes also audio will stop and DVBViewer isn't responding to remote control.

This mostly happens with Elecad Mped decode, but sometimes also with Nero or Cyberlink.

System details:

- Windows XP Prof XP2 (logged with administrative privileges)

- AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (socket 754, Q&C enabled)

- TV card: Technisat SkyStar2

- Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

- Mainboard: Asus K8V SE Deluxe

- Memory: 1 GB DDR

System is not overclocked!

Benjamin Kalytta

MPEGDecoder.txt

Setup.xml

Edited by bkausbk
  • 2 weeks later...

I verified, the bug is independent of the choosed video/audio decoder. It's almost impossible to use DVBViewer under medium until heavy system load.

DVBViewer will stop responding then regardless if the system load is decreased or not.

bkausbk

It's almost impossible to use DVBViewer under medium until heavy system load.

Well, that's my regular working state. ;)

Okay, do you speak of CPU load or system load in general? There can be issues with high PCI stress, but that's a hardware problem. Earlier VIA chipsets up to the KT 333 were prone to cause defective packets. Lately there haven been problems with Nforce2, too.

I acknowledge you have a problem, but I'm not inclined to call it a bug, since no one else has encountered these issues.

Please try the DVBViewer GE (service center). If the problem remains then, it's very likely a hardware issue. You could also try to disable the "data execution prevention" of your CPU (not sure if the s754 A64 has it, though).

BTW: What drives do you have in the system and how are they connected?

It's basically during high system load in general (emule is running in background ... which don't really causes much cpu load). Yesterday for example I copied 40 GB files over my Gigabit Ethernet Network (8% Network usage) which causes DVBViewer to render 1-2 frames per second.

My mainboard uses the Marvell 88E8001 Gb LAN controller... maybe this is a problem.

My drives a connected as follows:

2 x High Performance WD Raptor in RAID 0 are connected through VIA VT8237 South Bridge chipset raid.

1 x Hitachi HD connected through on board promise controller in IDE-ATA mode.

since no one else has encountered these issues.

Of course there is one occured the same problem here.

I did a test again. After I started copying a file through the network DVBViewer freezes again, it remain freezed also after the transfer had finished.

When I minimize the window then, DVBViewer will not respond to any mouse/keyboard event any more.

If I don't minimize the window after DVBViewer stops rendering, DVBViewer responds to any mouse messages, but changing channel for example doesn't work.

The only way was to close DVBViewer and restart it again.

Of course there is one occured the same problem here.

Link, please!

I did a test again. After I started copying a file through the network DVBViewer freezes again,

Mhm, did you remove all network protocols for the Skystar?

My board features the 8237 SB, too. I'm using the integrated LAN feature, though. Does your problem also occur when using the VIA controller? A 3rd party LAN controller causes PCI-stress, that maybe the problem here.

Yes, I removed all network protocols from technisat connection.

I tested integrated VIA IDE and 3rd party Promise raid. Btw. Im also using integrated Marvell LAN controller.

Btw. Im using "Sky2AVC DVB source filter" version 1.0.5.3169 and SkyDll.dll Version 4.3.0.9999 from B2C2, Inc.

I mean, ok may be my system is stressed during heavy load which causes dbvviewer to stagnate for a while, but after heavy load DVBViewer shouldn't stop responding isn't it?

Update: I choosed "Flexcop based cards" in directx setup now instead of "sykstar (compatible)" and now the problem doesn't occur again so far. Whats the difference between this both settings?

bkausbk

Edited by bkausbk

No the Problem seems not to be solved. DVBViewer still crashs and stops responding, also with "Flexcop based device" only less often as if I choose "skystar (compatible)" device.

Especially such channels like "terra nova" or "deluxe music" causes problems.

Update: Today DVBViewer crashed many times after system load and also after resuming from timeshift pause.

AppName: DVBViewer.exe  AppVer: 3.2.1.190  ModName: dedynamic.ax
ModVer: 1.0.2.0  Offset: 000013eb

bkausbk

Edited by bkausbk