stop recording when on timer

stevejwatts

DVBViewer is great for watching or recording programmes, but I have found that if it starts recording a programme automatically then it is almost impossible t cancell that order. If I open DVBViewer to access the recording functions it crashes, I suppose because there is already a 'hidden' instance running in the background doing the recording.

What would be nice would be to be able to either open BVDViewer and cancel a recording after it has started, or even just be able to open it and watch it I can hear the sound already.

Alternatively a detached 'remote control' program which doesn't try to access the video stream or anything, just provides access to DVBViewer's controls would be great for those times you've realised that the thing being recorded wasn't very good, but there is something on you'd like to record instead.

Guest Lars_MQ

Please explain a little bit more. how do you start the recordings? (Scheduler, sleepmode etc) and which version of the DVBViewer. this is not a normal behavior and shouldn't happen.

Hi Lars

I always use sleep mode as I like the PC to turn off especially on hot days as the Airstar card tends to cook and cause which messes up all recording.

I nearly always use Video recorder Plugin with disable AV which still plays the sound for some odd reason.

I find when I open DVBViewer during a scheduled recording I get the error

"

DVBViewer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: DVBViewer.exe AppVer: 3.1.0.25 ModName: dvd express av decoder.dll

ModVer: 5.1.0.44 Offset: 0001f64b

"

and the new instance closes down leaving the recording to continue OK, but with no ability to stop it.

The only way I have found to ensure that a recording is taking place is to check the directory where it saves them to see the file increase in size, but again this doesn't provide an option to stop the recording if necessary.