Remote Recording

chr-engel

Good morning :rolleyes:

i think it would be a very useful feature if there is a remote utility which can start a recording. So this utility can be a tool or what i prefer is a web interface.

A web interface is still better, I THINK, because there are a lot of possibilities for further features like an web epg.

My experiences as a developer, i dont know the programs architecture, say me that there are two ways to realize it. On way would be an implemented web server which can send messages to the objects, the other way would be to save command(s) in a file and the DVBViewer constantly checks this file for command(s) to execute.

But finally i think there are better ways ;-) its your application so you're the master ...

I hope my dream become true...

Greetz,

Christian

On way would be an implemented web server which can send messages to the objects, the other way would be to save command(s) in a file and the DVBViewer constantly checks this file for command(s) to execute.

But finally i think there are better ways ;-)

Yes there are better ways ;) Just take a standalone webserver which connects via COM to the DVBViewer. That's at least the way my solution works.

Unfortunatly I can't publish it, because of my limited abilities (and time) to make own webgraphics. I "borrowed" the gfx from the vdradmin for development purposes only, but for sure I won't release it with the gfx (because of copyrights) :P

But maybe there is someone out there who is willing to create a set of own gfx :rolleyes:

On way would be an implemented web server which can send messages to the objects, the other way would be to save command(s) in a file and the DVBViewer constantly checks this file for command(s) to execute.

But finally i think there are better ways ;-)

Yes there are better ways :P Just take a standalone webserver which connects via COM to the DVBViewer. That's at least the way my solution works.

Unfortunatly I can't publish it, because of my limited abilities (and time) to make own webgraphics. I "borrowed" the gfx from the vdradmin for development purposes only, but for sure I won't release it with the gfx (because of copyrights) B)

But maybe there is someone out there who is willing to create a set of own gfx :rolleyes:

What? you only dont want to publish due to copyrighted images?

publish it with textlinks. you can publish it under experemently.

everybody who want the beatiful interface can create his own by adding design.

i have no time to create a webinterface ;) because i have several other projects running in vb, php / sql and delphi.

can u send me your webinterface, so i can look that i create graphic or critics your project. maybe there is a way to finalize it.

so long

christian

-------------------------------

give me critics for my page:

Engelzone.de

>publish it with textlinks.

PLS just remove the pics and the dimension-tags and add good describing ALT-arguments in the img-tags instead. Or replace the pics by very simple and very ugly selfmade blackandwhite pics with different size than the original.

From my point of view this should be sufficiant in order to respect the rights of vdradmin. We could also ask him about his POV or for permission to use his gfx.

However this project sounds very interesting and should be finnished IMHO.

>publish it with textlinks.

PLS just remove the pics and the dimension-tags and add good describing ALT-arguments in the img-tags instead. Or replace the pics by very simple and very ugly selfmade blackandwhite pics with different size than the original.

From my point of view this should be sufficiant in order to respect the rights of vdradmin. We could also ask him about his POV or for permission to use his gfx.

However this project sounds very interesting and should be finnished IMHO.

I totally agree with you!!

I think this project shoudnt lack due to image-rights.

Creating own images wont be problem, just publish and dont worry about the design :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm looking forward to have that, too (w00t) - I would even invest some hours in making (possibly ugly) pictures or tweak the design, if that's everything that has to be done.

Bye,

Michael

I would also help to improve this feature. im a developer too.

i often develop applications for my own and also im an apprentice in an international big bank.

My languages are Java, C/C++, PHP, VB/VBA ...

so i think i really can help to improve the development.

its only an offer because i have much fun developing useful application.

Programming is Art!!

Best Regards

Christian

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lars_MQ

Here is a beta of the webinterface.

Extract in a directory of your choice. Start it, press activate. When the DVBViewer starts or is running the webserver automatically connects to it.

First time password and user are: admin

Default interface is http://127.0.0.1

Remember it's an ongoing development, not every thing may work as expected :D

Have fun

Lars

I forgot: it only works with DVBViewer Pro 3.2.5+

[edit] Moved into the membersarea. for Updates read here[/edit]

Thaaaaank you.

It's fantastic. Great. It works absolut fine.

But of course, there is alway a whish left :D

It would be great, if there is any possibility to power DVBViewer on when it is not startet.

And another whish: I have a stand-alone Webserver and would like to run the DVBViewer Application on this Server, but DVBViewer is installed on another pc in my network. Is there, or will there ever be a change to handle this?

SpecialK

Guest Lars_MQ
It would be great, if there is any possibility to power DVBViewer on when it is not startet.

It will be possible but ATM there is a little problem that has to be solved first :D

And another whish: I have a stand-alone Webserver and would like to run the DVBViewer Application on this Server, but DVBViewer is installed on another pc in my network. Is there, or will there ever be a change to handle this?

I feared something like that. :D Weeell in theory it should also work via DCOM, but that's one thing I have to explore. I won't promise I get it working, but I try B)

Well, that sounds good.

Good thinks are worth waiting. :D

I like it also that there are no unuseful pictures ore anything else in the Webserver. So i can use it with the mda without paying much money.

*thumps up*

Guest Lars_MQ
I like it also that there are no unuseful pictures ore anything else in the Webserver. So i can use it with the mda without paying much money.

I like it also without further bandwidth eating things.

But for all the lovers of colorfull, longloading, overstuffed Websites the whole stuff can be "skinned" (means the html templates changed). :D But I don't think I will do it cause my programming is far better than my graphical talents B)