New Airstar/HD5000

jhorne12

I am in America and have just received the new DVB ATSC card: Airstar/HD5000 PCI. I have been able to get DVBViewer GE 1.6.2 to recognize it and am able to scan UHF channel ranges. DVBViewer 3.2.3 doesn't give me the option to choose ATSC.... no good scan... can't use.

I also have a SKYstar2... where do I begin? With the new skynet.sys installed for the Airstar... which overwrites the SKYstar2 version... no other applications except for DVBViewer GE can work with the driver... I disabled the Airstar device and was able to get my satellite reception with GE. Ritzdvb and Progdvb wouldn't work. This is something of a mess... hopefully a new driver is on the way. I would at least like to be able to use DVBViewer PRO with the new card as I actually paid for it.

Any tricks so I can use DVBViewer PRO with the new Airstar or for making these 2 cards live together in the same machine would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

At the moment you can only have one card based on a B2C2 chipset installed. To be exact you can't use them simultaneously. One of them must be deactivated. A new driver allowing more than one card is in the make.

What's your driver version? There is only one unified driver for B2C2 chipsets, that means no special Airstar or Skystar driver.

DVBViewer 3.2.3 doesn't give me the option to choose ATSC.... no good scan... can't use.

Sure you can. On the "channel scan" window you need to right-click to open a context menu for selecting the reception type.

I was able to make it select ATSC. But it still expects a transponder(GE lets you select "Stopped...") so i just typed in junk and I got it to attempt a scan, but it is still plugging in symbolrates from the last transponder file I had selected. The scan doesn't find anything even on channel I know it should find. So...

I went to GE(running beautifully) and exported the channel list, then imported to PRO. When I tried to tune to a channel(which comes in fine in GE) I get nothing.

The driver installed is the one on the CD that came with the new card. In device manager it says its version 4.3.1.10000, dated 5/30/2005... file version is 4.3.1.9999. Funny, cause I don't see where this driver is available on the Technisat site. Should I be using 4.3.0.9999 ?

This card has been renamed HD5000 from the original Airstar2 and I think may use different chips.