dvbviewer "works" but no sound or image

JamPS

Hi, DVBViewer shows good signal quality (over 90%) but there is no sound or picture in any of the channels.

I use:

AC3filter for sound

DScaler 5 for video

VMR9 Renderer

I tried changing the last two of those but it didn't help.

Any suggestions? :I

I think it probably will for if I restart my computer... but that's really annoying if I have to do that when I'm coding or in the middle of something!

Hi, DVBViewer shows good signal quality (over 90%) but there is no sound or picture in any of the channels.

I use:

AC3filter for sound

DScaler 5 for video

VMR9 Renderer

I tried changing the last two of those but it didn't help.

Any suggestions? :I

I think it probably will for if I restart my computer... but that's really annoying if I have to do that when I'm coding or in the middle of something!

Same problem for the first time after computer restart. If I close DVBV and start again, it works ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, these problems happen sometimes:

-Picture freezes, sound is still good. Continues until I press "rebuild graphics".

-Picture and sound disappears, just black.

-Only one channel is black, others work fine. This may repair itself if the signal quality is boosted and DVBViewer restarted.

And DVBViewer stops responding when the signal is lost. Have to close it manually.

My computer:

-2400+ AMD

-Ati Radeon 9700

-1024MB DDR RAM

-Airstar (2?) with external antenna support and bundled remote

-nForce 2 motherboard

Attachments have more info.

Any more info?

MPEGDecoder.txt

DVBViewer.log

setup.xml

Edited by JamPS
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you make a screenshot of the used graph? You can make it visible with graphedit (description is in manual)

Hmm well I had to reboot, DVBViewer was using 100% cpu, was very hard to even close it.

And now video & sound are pausing once in a second, very annoying.

Oh, and I think from networking, reseting the card doesn't help.

btw, I don't have technisat edition installed.

Edited by JamPS
  • 2 weeks later...

I install DVBViewer TE edition, everythings was OK. Then I buy normal edition, uninstaled TE edition, installed normal edition and scanned for channels. Everything looks fine, but when I try to see on TV I see and hear nothing - black screen, no sound. Down on the screen, there is for few seconds info about program which now plays.

I try uninstall and install again DVBViewer, but it doesnt help.

And when I click on any channel in menu channel - chanellist DVBViewer freezes and I must kill him from task manager.

DVBViewer version 3.2.5.1032

win XP SP2

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

1 GB of RAM

nvidia GeForce 5900

I have two TV cards - Winfast (but It was disabled) and Airstar2

DVBViewer.log

MPEGDecoder.txt

setup.xml

IT WORKS.

Because there was no usefull reply I try to found reply in Czech forum and there was reply which I need. So if anyone will have problem as I no sound, no picture after GE installation - try found, if you have installed any ligos codec. If yes uninstall it a and everything will be OK. You may uninstall it with filter manager (see attachement) - in section direct show filters.

rlfm_bin1_4.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I reinstalled nvidia drivers and my problem was there again. So I think, that it was because that new driver. Only one thing was different - signal goes after few seconds from 100% to 0%.

And now where was the problem - you will not believe this. After I reinstall everything I do last thing - pull out antene from my TV (I have TV an PC on one TV cable) - and signal is on 100%, everything works fine.

I reinstalled nvidia drivers and my problem was there again. So I think, that it was because that new driver. Only one thing was different - signal goes after few seconds from 100% to 0%.

And now where was the problem - you will not believe this. After I reinstall everything I do last thing - pull out antene from my TV (I have TV an PC on one TV cable) - and signal is on 100%, everything works fine.

So, you should bring the signal to your TV from your pc-tv-card, right?