Channel Scan window disappears in 3.2.4

sixback

Registered DVBViewer User

Win XP Pro SP2, AMD 3000+, 1Gb, Nvidia6800, VisionDTV 1020a DVB-S pci, MyHD MDP-130

DVBViewer 3.2.4

DirectX9c

WMP10

Licensed Nvidia PureVideo Decoder

Licensed Cyberlink Video SP decoder

Licensed Intervideo Audio Decoder

Both 2.606 and BDA 2.19 Twinhan drivers

Currently have a licensed working MT3.0 Setup with both sets of twinhan drivers. Of course no Nvidia Hardware decoding as per SAARs

Bought the DVBViewer application on the two following assumptions:

1. It will recognize a TwinHan DVB-S pci card (non-ci) - which it does

2. It will utilize PureVideo Nvidia hardware accelerated decoding - which it does in DVD mode

My Problem is this:

In the channelist window when I select my preferred satellite tps file and reconfigure the LOFs properly and then apply Update and Scan, the channelist window will disappear <_< Everytime it disappears into thin air! There is no feedback that anything is happening. The main window doesn't indicate a window switch has occurred either.

I also notice when I startup the DVBViewer application each time, my VisionDTV DVB-S card does not initialize. Usually I can hear the click of the card as it powers up the LNB in MT. How do I correct this in the DVBViewer settings?

I downloaded Transedit and tried it. Transedit found my card no problem and I was able to get it to scan the sat but it only grabbed channels from the last Tp listed in the ini file.

It was also impossible to get transedit to repeat the scan in succession. Again I feel that it has something to do with powering up or down the LNB.

I downloaded the twinhan module.mod file and repeated the whole process with the same results.

I just can't figure out why the channelist window disappears off into never, neverland on Update and Scan. I deleted the setup.xml file to no avail.

Is there a tried and true method that I'm missing here.

I'm a newbie to this conference but am technically savy