DVBViewer Pro Crash at startup

prodok

We had to install our Skystar 2 board on a new machine (ASUS P5AD2-E Premium motherboard). Installing the drivers wwnt well (after finding the correct PCI slot), but we have a problem with our existing DVBViewer Pro (version 3.2.3). When we start it, the screen to enter name and password appears, but immediately after entering this information, the application crashes.

On the other hand, the most current GE version works like a charm.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks for these points.

Well, we got it fixed, and the fix is one of the "embarassing fixes"...

We actually had a mess-up with the password. As soon as we really, really verified the password we entered, things started to work well...

Thanks for all the support, and "möge das eine Lehre sein" <g>.

• 1 year later...
We had to install our Skystar 2 board on a new machine (ASUS P5AD2-E Premium motherboard). Installing the drivers wwnt well (after finding the correct PCI slot), but we have a problem with our existing DVBViewer Pro (version 3.2.3). When we start it, the screen to enter name and password appears, but immediately after entering this information, the application crashes.

On the other hand, the most current GE version works like a charm.

Thanks in Advance.

Exactly same problem here, DVBViewer crashes immediately after entering username and password.

Tested with 3 different versions 3.5.0, 3.5.0.50, 3.2.6 and 2 different computers LG LW20 Express laptop with Liteon dvb-t TT-2105 and my htpc (AMD Sempron 2400+ 1.67GHz, winXP, geforce fx5200, hauppauge wintv-nova-t usb2) and same problem all of these setups.

I buy this exellent programm and would like to use it too but it seems to be bit difficult now :(

Any ideas?

Here is DVBViever.log file from my system, can´t find setup.ini or setup.xml file in my DVBViever folder.

This is first time I install DVBViever so its a clean install not an upgrade.

Installation goes ok but when I try to start main program it asks username and password and after filling those it closes itself.

DVBViewer.log

Hello,

please use the Supporttool for creating a support.zip, execute this in the DVBViewer installation folder

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

:(

Supporttool wont work because I have no setup.ini file in my DVBViewer folder and I don´t know why.

DVBViewer has never startted in my computer because it crashes before it starts completely so I belive it creates setup.ini in first start?

And yes password and username are exactly like they are in my email I receive after purchasing DVBViewer.

Edit: And setup.xml is also missing

o:)

Edited by TiK

Hello,

DVBViewer has never startted in my computer because it crashes before it starts completely
use the Command parameter -c to start DVBViewer without tune a channel

example: "D:\Programme\DVBViewer Pro 3.5\DVBViewer.exe" -c

Hello,

use the Command parameter -c to start DVBViewer without tune a channel

example: "D:\Programme\DVBViewer Pro 3.5\DVBViewer.exe" -c

No effect, still crashes after username and password.

Hello,

still crashes after username and password.
have you enter with copy and past your userdata?

please write a mail to the adress there you will find on this site lost & found

ask for examination of your user data

its possible that you have not the correct password